Underside cleaning techniques or tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a device or some way to pressure wash the underside on my Tahoe without using a jack, ramps or any other lifting device. I've seen some bars on wheels with nozzles that you just slide under but how well do they work?

Gotta do a trans mount soon and don't want dirt in my eyes. My budget is $100 or less.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use something like this for my pressure washer. This works perfect, you can as well clean the wheel housesings, in engine compartments and under the car.
I have additionally an extension, so I can can clean my gutter on my house as well....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a device or some way to pressure wash the underside on my Tahoe without using a jack, ramps or any other lifting device. I've seen some bars on wheels with nozzles that you just slide under but how well do they work?

Gotta do a trans mount soon and don't want dirt in my eyes. My budget is $100 or less.
a141-6c19c94cbbab.fe92b3b47482a779d745038533d34d5b.jpg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a pressure washer wand with 2 barrels. 1 barrel is high pressure or you can bleed off pressure to the 2nd one. This works good with a 15 degree bend on the end - higher flow, lower pressure cleans just fine and doesn't force crap where it doesn't need to be.

Or just drive in a good rainstorm. I tend to refrain from over washing the underside to keep from putting water in obscure places and also to keep the nice oil undercoat I put on in tact.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the automatic car washes in Salt states. Most are required to recycle a certain percentage of water and you end up with a salty mix that then gets EVERYWHERE its not wanted. Learned this the hard way with my 2005 duramax years back - the frame looked worse after one of those underbody washes. I mentioned it to a friend and he told me about the recycling tid-bit. Haven't used one since. For what it's worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh