Unclog sunroof drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, The sunroof drain hole on passenger side was clogged. I find a video on youtube. The guy removed the front door to unclog it.
- Is there any way to unclog without door removal?
- How many sunroof drain holes? If there are four holes, How to access the rear two holes?
Thank you for help.

Here is the youtube link I found.

微信图片_20180331180339.jpg 微信图片_20180331180348.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a compressor? No need to remove door.. it runs down the a pillar to inside the fender well. blow it out with compressed air

OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a compressor? No need to remove door.. it runs down the a pillar to inside the fender well. blow it out with compressed air
I don't have a compressor. I can pay a shop to do it. Is there a specific PSI to blow it? Thank you.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet a duster can would have enough pressure to blow it clear. then dump a glass of water in the corner, if its clear it will leak out the bottom of the fender near the door.

theres two rear drains, for the life of me i was unable to see them, but the water test showed me they were clear. drains out between the doors.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i bet a duster can would have enough pressure to blow it clear. then dump a glass of water in the corner, if its clear it will leak out the bottom of the fender near the door.

theres two rear drains, for the life of me i was unable to see them, but the water test showed me they were clear. drains out between the doors.
The can of air will def work, unless you have some serious blockage in there.

OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I will try a can of air tomorrow.

OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dust air is not working. I might use it in an improper way. The air backed up. Also it created a coating of ice. I will go to a shop for a compressor.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used a drinking straw then the tip of the air sprayer to the straw, the straw fits in the hole nice, then short blasts of air.