Unable to relearn tire pressure sequence after wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 21 Sierra elevation that came with the black wheels and my wife has a 21 at4 Yukon xl. We did a wheel/tire swap on both vehicles and she went today for an oil change, tire rotation and balance. The dealer told her they couldn’t figure out why the relearn sequence wouldn’t work and they tried a few different tools. He didn’t know it was off of a Sierra and never asked her about them and she never told them for some reason. I was unaware this would be the case and really don’t want to buy new sensors to fix it. Does anyone know why this would be or how to fix it?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
315mhz (rpo xl7) / 433mhz (rpo xl8) could be why
if you can decode your rpo sticker (it's a qr code on the vehicle) it will tell you for sure.
look in the playstore or apple store for a vehicle qr code reader or if your phone camera will read the code already

OP
OP
C

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you so much. I’ll give it a try tonight when I get in.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did my aftermarket rims they installed sensors that were compatible with '21 1500's and they did not work so evidently the Yukon is on a different freq as suggested aboce. I had to unmount and put the sensors of of the OEM's in the new rims. PITA.

Hotwifes21Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your Yukon had 22's on it originally they have their own "special" sensors. The computer in the vehicle is programmed to read only those sensors and as of a couple months ago GM said they would not write the code to make it read the sensors for the 18's and 20's.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Yukon had 22's on it originally they have their own "special" sensors. The computer in the vehicle is programmed to read only those sensors and as of a couple months ago GM said they would not write the code to make it read the sensors for the 18's and 20's.
it's just a different sensor, one is marked 4 on the 2020's and one is marked 4c on the 2021's, the sensors would need to be swapped, has nothing to do with wheel size
they are still 315/433, see attached for 2021's
tppms.JPG

OP
OP
C

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s just 20s. After leveling kit and 33s on her old Denali for 22s I said never again! $1800. I couldn’t get the code to scan on my phone for some reason. I have to get an oil change next week so I’m going to get them try the frequency on mine

Thanks again y’all.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The relearn tool isn't that expensive. Only $13 on Amazon. I have one for my 12 Yukon SLE and have only used it once so far but a full tire change is coming so I'll need to bust it out. If you live on O'ahu let me know and I'll let you borrow it. Or maybe someone here can let you use theirs. Aloha!

OP
OP
C

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We’re way on the east coast in Georgia! But I’m in need of a vacation there! lol thanks

danielp74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having a very similar issue with TPMS from used wheels of 21 Sierra not being recognized in 21 Yukon...Did you basically say Sierra tires have 315 sensors so you had to put 433 in them for your wife's Yukon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14