Um... Hello from So Cal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy

Reaction score
Hey. New guy Kurt here. I just retired, and after a months long search, I picked up a 2017 Yukon Denali 4WD with 3600 Arizona mommy miles on it. I’ll be using it mostly as a tow vehicle and a road trip car. Why the Denali? I like new car tech, and you can’t take it with you. The 6.2 engine is a good fit as there’s a lot of hills around here and this car will only be driven 5-6,000 miles a year.

I live in So Cal and drag a boat to ramps all up and down the coast as well as several trips to the snow each year.

I’m gonna miss the Hell out of my Trailblazer, but the latest boat maxed out its tow rating (and then some) and I needed a safety margin.

I’m looking forward to learning about this platform and contributing any way I can.

So, do we have a secret handshake or something?

Oh, she will live inside

EC6ACD08-24F9-4B88-A056-6ECBF61234B0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Boatguy

Reaction score
looks like the cr-v backed into a smurf

What you get for painting with your thumb. Sure wish I could transfer the Honda's LKA and ACC into the Yukon. The Yukon has them, but the Honda implementation is WAY better IMO. The Yukon does have air conditioned front seats, which are the coolest (pun intended) thing ever!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another SoCal Denali! Which part? And where do you go on snow trips? Good looking truck! I love that color! Lucky your Denali gets to live in a garage! Haha. I wish mine got to! :D

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Kurt!! Very nice looking Denali. There are days I wish I had the 6.2.

OP
OP
B

Boatguy

Reaction score
Welcome from another SoCal Denali! Which part? And where do you go on snow trips? Good looking truck! I love that color! Lucky your Denali gets to live in a garage! Haha. I wish mine got to! :D

I’m in Diamond Bar. Snow trips are to wherever the storm is supposed to hit the hardest—anywhere from Big Bear (your stomping grounds?) to Mammoth or Donner.

OP
OP
B

Boatguy

Reaction score
Welcome Kurt! After your first trip you'll say, "What Trailblazer?"

I did my first trip the day I bought the Yukon. I drove it 7 hours home, stopping only once. Was hardly fatigued at all—which is really saying something considering I had gotten up at 0300 that day to get to LAX. The thing is a land yacht.