Uh Ohh... Rear wheel bearings replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post a followup just in case it would help someone, or anyone was curious.
The parts finally arrived and last night I was able to work on my truck. I installed the wheel sensor (after market $13) and the spare tire hoist (why isn't everything as easy to replace as the spare tire hoist? LOL). I jumped in my truck and started it - the ABS and Traction Control and Stabilitrak lights stayed on. I backed it up a foot to removed the blocks I had under the tires, all the lights stayed on..I thought well, I read someone say you had to drive it awhile sometimes, so I threw the dog in the truck for a ride and pulled out of the driveway. I got about 25 yards before all the lights turned off!!!!!

Special Thanks to all the help and advice I've received on here! Special Thanks to RocketMan for his extra help to a new guy! Much appreciation to all!
That’s awesome. Yes it does take a bit of driving before the codes clear. Just keep in mind the aftermarket sensor may or may not last long, it seems to be hit or miss from what I’ve heard. Glad to help.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post a followup just in case it would help someone, or anyone was curious.
The parts finally arrived and last night I was able to work on my truck. I installed the wheel sensor (after market $13) and the spare tire hoist (why isn't everything as easy to replace as the spare tire hoist? LOL). I jumped in my truck and started it - the ABS and Traction Control and Stabilitrak lights stayed on. I backed it up a foot to removed the blocks I had under the tires, all the lights stayed on..I thought well, I read someone say you had to drive it awhile sometimes, so I threw the dog in the truck for a ride and pulled out of the driveway. I got about 25 yards before all the lights turned off!!!!!

Special Thanks to all the help and advice I've received on here! Special Thanks to RocketMan for his extra help to a new guy! Much appreciation to all!
Thanks for the update, good job.

OP
OP
T

truckguy

Reaction score
A followup to the followup..the aftermarket sensor lasted about 2 days, then the ABS light and Stabilitrak/Traction Control lights came back on...I ordered and installed a Genuine GM sensor about 2 weeks ago, and now, close to 1000 miles later, all is good... My .02, go with the Genuine GM Speed Sensors to start....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A followup to the followup..the aftermarket sensor lasted about 2 days, then the ABS light and Stabilitrak/Traction Control lights came back on...I ordered and installed a Genuine GM sensor about 2 weeks ago, and now, close to 1000 miles later, all is good... My .02, go with the Genuine GM Speed Sensors to start....
Like I said, the aftermarket ones are hit or miss. Luckily the rears are easy to replace.