Uh oh water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
68k been sick since Tuesday with what feels like Covid. Gf got me out the house on Sunday we were headed to the beach when I heard a bang, gallons of red fluid and nasty grinding noise in the parking lot.
Had truck towed to dealership yesterday evening.

I do have that extended power train plus warranty. Hope this an easy cheap fix that costs me nuffin lol

AAA guy things it’s just a coolant hose
My engine is soaked in coolant even the fuse box on the driver side gah. Got no engine lights or faulty gauges but that nasty metal to metal noise def made me shut the engine off as soon as possible !

Attachments

• IMG_2297.jpeg
    IMG_2297.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2295.jpeg
    IMG_2295.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 8

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A blown hose can spray coolant everywhere. A leaking water pump typically does not blow open like that. The noise may just be the wet belts making noise in the pulleys? If it sprayed like that and is water pump, the pulley on the front would likely be flopping all over the place.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the pump not a hose. Tow truck driver and I looked for a good 30min before deciding to tow it dealer.
Chevy paid for it all
I’m now back to issues with battery. I’ve replaced my battery 3x in the last year lol at this point I’m considering a second battery as there is a second battery tray. Also, when I get on the gas during shift points there is this scream type of noise I thought it was the belt but it is not. I’ve heard the same noise from other chevys around this year no idea wtf it is and it sound janky but whatever the truck runs and gets me to work and home so I guess I just have to live with it for now.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of me wishes I purchased something older as in easier to work on because of all the sensors and stuff I get nervous and back out trouble shooting my self even thought truck is well within warranty.

Thanks for all the replies

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the pump not a hose. Tow truck driver and I looked for a good 30min before deciding to tow it dealer.
Chevy paid for it all
I’m now back to issues with battery. I’ve replaced my battery 3x in the last year lol at this point I’m considering a second battery as there is a second battery tray. Also, when I get on the gas during shift points there is this scream type of noise I thought it was the belt but it is not. I’ve heard the same noise from other chevys around this year no idea wtf it is and it sound janky but whatever the truck runs and gets me to work and home so I guess I just have to live with it for now.
Have you taken a video of the shift noise?

As for the batteries, do you make many short trips with this truck?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you taken a video of the shift noise?

As for the batteries, do you make many short trips with this truck?
Well, my work is only nine minutes away so the majority of my week is just driving nine minutes to work and nine minutes home some days I drive for about 30 minutes to go visit. My kids may be a little longer than that for like 45 minutes but that’s about it.

This is the third battery from AutoZone and it’s the platinum battery the best one they sell they said it’s better than the OEM one that I usually use.

And it’s the platinum battery the best one they sell they said it’s better than the OEM one that I usually use. I took the day off work today I'ma go to AutoZone again I guess. Or should I just go to dealership? You see the truck had battery issues when I first got it and there was a recall on a wire for the battery and they changed it and it took 3 days, and costs $700

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, my work is only nine minutes away so the majority of my week is just driving nine minutes to work and nine minutes home some days I drive for about 30 minutes to go visit. My kids may be a little longer than that for like 45 minutes but that’s about it.

This is the third battery from AutoZone and it’s the platinum battery the best one they sell they said it’s better than the OEM one that I usually use.

And it’s the platinum battery the best one they sell they said it’s better than the OEM one that I usually use. I took the day off work today I'ma go to AutoZone again I guess. Or should I just go to dealership? You see the truck had battery issues when I first got it and there was a recall on a wire for the battery and they changed it and it took 3 days, and costs $700
I gotta ask, why did a "recall" cost you ANYTHING? Was it a TSB, technical service bulletin?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My little one once drained my battery dead. Go it jumped started and took the family home. The next day I hit the highway and it took several hours to bring the battery back up to a full charge.

Those short runs are depleting your battery and the 30 minute run is not long enough either to get back to a full charge.

You're an excellent candidate for a battery tender.

There's lots of good ones out there, here's what I use:

1684876537324.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts