Two seat Tahoe overlander build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just pulled the trigger on an Alpicool C30. $280 shipped from Amazon. Should fit in between the front seats.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't used the C30 for food yet, but I plugged it in for ~6 hrs yesterday as a test. Gets down to temp (39f) in under 30 min from ambient room temp (~67f) and is pretty efficient (pulling only ~30 watts with the compressor running). My only complaint is it's not the best insulated - the sides were noticeably cooler than the top.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
That’s a great build! I’m contemplating something similar but just set up for day trips mostly. We live in a motorhome when we travel so we only camp out of the exploration vehicle on occasion when it’s not desirable to return to base the same day.

How many miles on your Rancho lift? Would you choose them again?

And what’s your confidence level in the IFS front end with the 35’s; have you experienced any issues or premature wear? I’m a bit gunshy as my previous two Jeep builds troubled me with short life on suspension parts.

Thanks for sharing your rig!

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
That’s a great build! I’m contemplating something similar but just set up for day trips mostly. We live in a motorhome when we travel so we only camp out of the exploration vehicle on occasion when it’s not desirable to return to base the same day.

How many miles on your Rancho lift? Would you choose them again?

And what’s your confidence level in the IFS front end with the 35’s; have you experienced any issues or premature wear? I’m a bit gunshy as my previous two Jeep builds troubled me with short life on suspension parts.

Thanks for sharing your rig!

I did the lift and wheels when my truck had 110,000 miles I replaced the stock ball joints about 30k miles later right now it has 195,000 miles on it and everything is still fine. I do over 4000 miles a year off pavement. I am not a Rock crawler I do not look for the hardest route I can take, well at least not most of the time.

I love how smooth a ride I get with IFS my rig is fine at 80 mph on most desert roads and at home on most of the trails I have been on in Moab Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona and Colorado..

With the custom King shocks up front I have about 10.5 inches of wheel travel. I am getting ready to install a Spohn "off Road rear suspension package (Pan hard bar and upper and lower control arms) I will also be installing longer travel king shocks, top out limiters and bump stops at the same time.

Rancho... No longer sells the Tahoe kits for mine. If I was doing it again I would consider the Baja Kits Prerunner kit with king shocks up front and the Spohn with kings in the back like I will be doing in the future. Baja also make a more affordable chase kit too.

When parts start to wear out up front I will most likely swap over the the Baja Prerunner kit and by that time I will already have the rear swapped over.

I have had jeeps too and they do real well off road but, they are very maintenance heavy and break a lot. On my first brand new jeep the front shock mounts broke twice in the first month of owning it. After the second one broke I fixed it myself even though it was under warranty. I did not want it to break again so I fixed it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne