Two Batteries- Parked for 6 days - Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzDiamondBlue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for a great post! What a BCM? As soon as you say it...I’ll be feeling like a dork, but currently can’t figure out BCM. Thanks

Bruticus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys was reading this post a question for anyone that may have the same symptoms I am experiencing the possible same issue. My Air Bag light came on about 6 months ago I didnt have time to take it to the dealer however last month I drove my 08 LTZ home parked her when I pressed my keyfob to lock her up I noticed the horn didnt sound off or the lights blinked when I pressed door locked. I approached the truck she was dead as a door nail turned the ignition on no lights came on the gauges flickered and the security light flickered on and off. My batter and alternator were about 3 years old I figured maybe dead battery tried to boost it the next day and nothing. I changed the battery to see if that was the issue, when I went to start the truck up the lights came on however when I went to crank her up it went dead again odd I said to myself. After reading a few of the posts maybe this could be my issue with the BCM would my best option is to take to the dealer ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys was reading this post a question for anyone that may have the same symptoms I am experiencing the possible same issue. My Air Bag light came on about 6 months ago I didnt have time to take it to the dealer however last month I drove my 08 LTZ home parked her when I pressed my keyfob to lock her up I noticed the horn didnt sound off or the lights blinked when I pressed door locked. I approached the truck she was dead as a door nail turned the ignition on no lights came on the gauges flickered and the security light flickered on and off. My batter and alternator were about 3 years old I figured maybe dead battery tried to boost it the next day and nothing. I changed the battery to see if that was the issue, when I went to start the truck up the lights came on however when I went to crank her up it went dead again odd I said to myself. After reading a few of the posts maybe this could be my issue with the BCM would my best option is to take to the dealer ?
you could pay them the $80-100 and know what it is for sure, or you could do the amp draw test yourself for free if you have a voltmeter

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Check your battery cables/ connections. Be thorough. The cables have been known to corrode from the inside out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts