tweeter size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICON*

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dont know if this been askd before but i have a 05 yukon slt with bose...what size tweeters are in the front collums and are the rear collums tweeters or speakers and what size???

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe they're 1 inch tweets, if youre referring to the far rear column by the hatch i believe those are like 4.5 maybe

i left my tweeters in and drilled new holes in the panel by the speaker underneath the grille, thats the way the non bose are and makes wiring so much eaiser than trying to run wires up the a pillar

OP
OP
I

ICON*

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so 1 inch tweeters in the front..gotta replace one it blew and cant take the static nomore annnd 4.5 inc speakers in the rear..ok thankx man..im tryna get a system put in neva done this before but will see how it goes

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk how far you got on this, but i wouldnt even worry about the far back pillar, its filler for the 3rd row and no real sound can come from a tiny little speaker like that

upgrade the door speakers either 2 sets of components or at least one set of comps in the front doors and a decent set of coax in the rear doors and stick an amp on them, will be miles above the stock sound, and you wont ever hear the filler speakers from the back

i left my bose speakers in the rear door but replaced my front door with a set of infinity kappa's component system, wasnt the perfects but one step under, i forget the exact model number but i love them

dustinap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the front tweeters are 1" the speakers in the very rear pillar by the back tailgate are 2.5" just replaced mine last night with, 3.5 polks

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

idk how far you got on this, but i wouldnt even worry about the far back pillar, its filler for the 3rd row and no real sound can come from a tiny little speaker like that

upgrade the door speakers either 2 sets of components or at least one set of comps in the front doors and a decent set of coax in the rear doors and stick an amp on them, will be miles above the stock sound, and you wont ever hear the filler speakers from the back

i left my bose speakers in the rear door but replaced my front door with a set of infinity kappa's component system, wasnt the perfects but one step under, i forget the exact model number but i love them

I put alpine type R's in the front and rear doors and did a test to see how things sounded, heard that the factory bose 2.5" in the rear was blown so i pulled both of them out. It was a huge difference that i heard as soon as i pulled the rear 2.5" speakers out, lost a lot of rear filler sound, even with the type r's with 200 watts each, so thats when i put in a old set of 3.5" to replace and now it sounds amazing. Now i just need to put my subs in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288