Turn Signal Mirrors upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CNCMACHINIST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe ls
I want to upgrade to turn signal mirrors can I just buy the mirrors and install them and plug them. Please help

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So according to a couple of guys here, they put the DL3 optioned mirrors on their truck that didn’t have them factory optioned, and then also added the drivers master switch with the power folding control option, and it worked. So in addition to the DL3 optioned mirrors, you would also need this switch:

8F94CC18-ACFD-4AA0-A77F-5DB5A288B175.jpeg
That’s the master switch with the power fold control for the exterior mirrors. I’ve haven’t done this swap, as my truck already has the DL3 option mirrors that power folding and have turn signals, so I’m not 100% sure on it. But from a couple of the other threads I’ve read on the topic that seemed to do the trick.
Edit: @Tonyrodz can you chime in?! I seem to remember you did the DL3 swap? Did you have to add extra wires for turn signals? Or did it work just with the control switch swap and mirror swap?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I remember the turn signal function is plug n play on 03+, it wasn't on my 00 so I just ran the wires from under the dash, just don't try to put 12v to an autodim mirror you will cook the liquid in the mirror instantly

Jeremytheboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe ls
I want to upgrade to turn signal mirrors can I just buy the mirrors and install them and plug them. Please help
Have you done this mod yet? I have an 06 Tahoe LS and was thinking of doing the same thing. Just want to verify if it is truly plug and play on the 03+

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All the above answers are correct. Just need to plug the signal mirrors into the master switch. You can use your existing switch if you don't want to add the powerfold option.20190313_161920.jpg 20180608_165744.jpg
Once it was finished. Strictly plug n' play deal.

Last edited:

Jeremytheboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All the above answers are correct. Just need to plug the signal mirrors into the master switch. You can use your existing switch if you don't want to add the powerfold option.View attachment 243943 View attachment 243942
So if I only want the turn signal function I don’t need to get the dl3 switch? That’s only needed for the power fold? That makes the mod a lot cheaper for me