Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the maf before the turbo? On the suction side?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either your friend's code reader is a turd or you have a fault somewhere. Double check any wires you messed with or the areas you worked in to see if you pinched or pulled any. Check the ECM fuses. It should start and run regardless of the turbo and should run on a base map if the MAF was unplugged. Besides, boosted or NA, the MAF (and most other sensors) aren't telling the PCM much of anything if the engine isn't running.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the maf before the turbo? On the suction side?
Maf is not going to be a part of the intake anymore. I would imagine it's going to be speed density tuned. It should start and run in open loop. I would try unplugging the battery and see if it jolts the system. Also, make sure the coolant temp sensor is plugged up. That stupid thing can wreak havoc on the system. My truck barely started and backfired when I forgot to plug it back up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maf is not going to be a part of the intake anymore. I would imagine it's going to be speed density tuned. It should start and run in open loop. I would try unplugging the battery and see if it jolts the system. Also, make sure the coolant temp sensor is plugged up. That stupid thing can wreak havoc on the system. My truck barely started and backfired when I forgot to plug it back up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Yeah I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery a few times still no change with the CEL. My HP tuners is out for delivery today so I should be able to figure out what the light is for and work from there. When I finally got the little code reader to work it told me no DTC's so it didn't help.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either your friend's code reader is a turd or you have a fault somewhere. Double check any wires you messed with or the areas you worked in to see if you pinched or pulled any. Check the ECM fuses. It should start and run regardless of the turbo and should run on a base map if the MAF was unplugged. Besides, boosted or NA, the MAF (and most other sensors) aren't telling the PCM much of anything if the engine isn't running.

I've been slowly but surely running back over what I've touched in the process. Just sucks because not much needed to be disconnected or removed since it was pretty much just exhaust. So O2 sensors, rerouting heater core hoses, changing plugs, and the MAF sensor really. I'm sure it's something simple just have to find it.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to remove the charge pipe at the throttle body and see if it starts. ie as if there wasnt a turbo...may need some significant work in the tune to get it started

You said you change injectors too? That would definitely need to be changed

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all squared away she finally runs. I've got to fix an exhaust leak that I was partially expecting but that's a small agenda at this point. Did some more troubleshooting and realized it wasn't getting fuel pressure to the rails. So I dropped the tank back down and realized the rubber hose on the new pump had popped off on one side I'm guessing from the pressure fixed that re-installed the tank and viola.

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all squared away she finally runs. I've got to fix an exhaust leak that I was partially expecting but that's a small agenda at this point. Did some more troubleshooting and realized it wasn't getting fuel pressure to the rails. So I dropped the tank back down and realized the rubber hose on the new pump had popped off on one side I'm guessing from the pressure fixed that re-installed the tank and viola.

VIDEOSSSSSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts