Turbo diesel for the Denali!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorFatal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you figure the walk out price will be higher for a Diesel once the initial wave of MSRP (or close) buyers fade bc of demand?
Are there limits/logistics to increasing diesel production if the longer term demand warrants? For example if GMC starts out at 20% diesel mix can they boost it to 40% if needed within a year say?
Lastly can it tow more than the gas model max?
Weighing diesel denali or Grand Wagoneer in the next year or so.

malba2366

Reaction score
Looks like the Diesel is cheaper than originally announced. It is a $995 upgrade from the 5.3, and a $1500 credit on the Denali. Looks like GM wants to move some of these. The pricing is also live on the supplier discount site. I am hearing GM wants a 15% take rate across the 1500 PU and Large SUV lineup to help with their CAFE umbers.

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it as an option on the consumer site. If the 6.2 and LM2 were both the same price on the Denali like the Escalade, id be happy and surprised.... Would make me lean back toward the Denali....

LDMoore

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it as an option on the consumer site. If the 6.2 and LM2 were both the same price on the Denali like the Escalade, id be happy and surprised.... Would make me lean back toward the Denali....
It is on the half tons so why not the SUVs? Plus they did in fact announce they were lowering the diesel price by $1500 which should make it cheaper than the 6.2.

Also it blows my mind that someone considering an $80k SUV would let a $3k engine option be a deal breaker. Especially if it's the engine you want

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

malba2366

Reaction score

The supplier discount/military discount/first responder discount sites do show the MSRP of the vehicle and then the discount is taken off. On those sites the Diesel is $1000 more than the 5.3 and a $1500 credit on the Denali.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also it blows my mind that someone considering an $80k SUV would let a $3k engine option be a deal breaker. Especially if it's the engine you want

It isn't the 3k itself, if you would have read earlier you would have seen that I was considering the Escalade if the diesel was more, since Caddy was offering it as no charge.
The issue is whether GMC was going to upcharge and caddy wasn't... But it appears that it may be the same price or maybe even cheaper with Denali. If true, Puts GMC back in play....

And actually I can pay cash for either vehicle... Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you shouldn't be a wise shopper...:)

LDMoore

Reaction score
It isn't the 3k itself, if you would have read earlier you would have seen that I was considering the Escalade if the diesel was more, since Caddy was offering it as no charge.
The issue is whether GMC was going to upcharge and caddy wasn't... But it appears that it may be the same price or maybe even cheaper with Denali. If true, Puts GMC back in play....

And actually I can pay cash for either vehicle... Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you shouldn't be a wise shopper...:)
I did read it and I understand what you're saying. But you also have to consider you're paying more for the Escalade anyway because it's a Cadillac so is that really much different?

I completely agree with being a wise shopper no matter what you can afford. As for me I've waited for a diesel for so long a small upcharge wouldn't bother me at all. But then again I only buy used anyway lol.

After 20 years a diesel in these vehicles is long overdue.

Sounerfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to attempt to order Denali 3.0 this afternoon. Please keep the updates coming. I’m hearing 30 MPG as estimate. Is that what you are hearing as well?

John

LDMoore

Reaction score
Going to attempt to order Denali 3.0 this afternoon. Please keep the updates coming. I’m hearing 30 MPG as estimate. Is that what you are hearing as well?

John
The 3.0 isn't available for order yet. It was a late availability option set for sometime this fall so you'll have to wait just a bit more.

As far as MPG that remains to be seen. I don't know if EPA numbers are out yet but the half tons are rated close to 30 and many are surpassing that. But the SUVs are heavier so we'll have to see. Either way it'll be way better than any gas engine you can get

malba2366

Reaction score
Pricing now is live on the GMC site. $1000 more than 5.3. $1500 less than 6.2. Can't imagine that it will be different for Chevy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan