Trying to purchase a Denali but ending up with IOUs. Should I drop down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all these issues the new Sequioa is going to look better to a lot of people. I love my Denali but if I were dealing with all these shortages I would be looking at a new Sequoia or wagoneer right now

Yarosuav

Reaction score
With all these issues the new Sequioa is going to look better to a lot of people. I love my Denali but if I were dealing with all these shortages I would be looking at a new Sequoia or wagoneer right now

Sequoia not really out yet, so tough to say, but are the other vehicles (Wagoneer, Expedition) really any easier to order, with shorter wait times? Probably not as all the manufacturers are dealing with similar supply chain headwinds…

Joehartman27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made a build sheet for a Yukon Denali and it looks like tons of stuff is at risk... wheel locks, sliding console, park assist, automatic braking, heated steering wheel, 2nd row heated seats. I would drop down to an SLT but apparently Adaptive Cruise isn't an option on anything but the Denali trim?

Good lord I'm trying to look for reasons to not buy this but it is the only thing that comfortably fits all my kids and gear (I tried X7 and some others, just not enough room).

I don't think I'm ready to pay above MSRP for a lot of missing features... do we think any of them (like the parking assist) are going to be back this year?
We gave up on our order from November and am buying dealer stock that gets here in a couple of days. If you look hard enough people cancel orders and dealer stocks start to trickle in here and there. Just may not get all of what you want. Have seen a few with ACC as well but we’re $5K over MSRP. Good Luck

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...I've had my 2022 HighCountry for a few weeks now and only used the sliding console a few times, mostly just playing with it. Other than the "hidden" storage area I don't see much use in it. I would be surprised if mine gets moved much at all......I also have 2 toddlers in the 2nd row so anything protruding out that they can kick or mess with is more of a pain than a nice feature...
Same, I messed with ours a few times when we first bought it and then it broke, so once it got fixed we never touch it. Not much benefit IMO

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't count on it - the enginge going in the Sequoia is having pretty well documented issues in the Tundra, so it's not all sunshine and lollipops over there

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, second row bench.
Was that something you were anticipating? Was there a $350 credit on the window sticker or did they give you an IOU? I talked to GM and the one I've eyeing is 1/21 build date and has the sensors as well as power console "according to the build sheet" Not sure if that can be fully trusted

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was that something you were anticipating? Was there a $350 credit on the window sticker or did they give you an IOU? I talked to GM and the one I've eyeing is 1/21 build date and has the sensors as well as power console "according to the build sheet" Not sure if that can be fully trusted
Yes, I purposely ordered a second row bench based on personal preference. There was a $350 credit on my build sheet for no power console.