Trying to match a color...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I mixed up talking about the interior color of the fabric with the trim.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the input. I think I'll try the Very Dark Pewter, since my interior is Pewter with Dark Pewter on the upper dash. At $20 a can I was just hoping to confirm before buying.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the buttons are not Very Dark Pewter. Got the can today and sprayed a test piece. It's too light. I've already tried black (not from SEM's GM line, just a hardware store black) and it is too black. So this must be one of the other colors. Question is which? I did find SEM's downloadable color chart, and Dark Graphite is a Ford color, so I don't believe it's that one. The dark colors for GM are Black, Very Dark Pewter, Graphite, and Very Dark Gray. If the PDF colors are anywhere close to accurate, then all but Black are too light. The SEM GM Black is not absolutely black in the PDF color chart, so maybe that is the right one.

Philster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, the buttons are not Very Dark Pewter. Got the can today and sprayed a test piece. It's too light. I've already tried black (not from SEM's GM line, just a hardware store black) and it is too black. So this must be one of the other colors. Question is which? I did find SEM's downloadable color chart, and Dark Graphite is a Ford color, so I don't believe it's that one. The dark colors for GM are Black, Very Dark Pewter, Graphite, and Very Dark Gray. If the PDF colors are anywhere close to accurate, then all but Black are too light. The SEM GM Black is not absolutely black in the PDF color chart, so maybe that is the right one.

Did you determine the color? i just got a 2003 Yukon Denali and i want to paint the center console. It looks pretty dark but not black. Just wondering if you got it nailed down yet.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you determine the color? i just got a 2003 Yukon Denali and i want to paint the center console. It looks pretty dark but not black. Just wondering if you got it nailed down yet.
No, not yet. My guess at this point is SEM 17093 of their Classic Coat line, GM 848 Black. However, I haven't ordered it yet to check it out. The Very Dark Pewter that I bought is a pretty good match for the dark gray top of the dash though. Don't know how close that matches your console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts