Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride last night and put my Led lights on driving through the neighborhood and noticed one light was facing up in the air.

Got home and checked it out, to my surprise the front valance is getting pretty beat up, more than I expected and must've moved the light after hitting a hump in the road.

So, I ordered another set of MOOG arms and will replace them asap.

Also measured, I have 3-9/16" clearance up front.

After I install them I'll get some updated pics. Its been a while since I posted any pictures :)

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to make it out there to adjust my front end. Its been raining here for about a month off and on, crazy.
Swapped to factory uppers (without the alignment bushings) and put back the 8mm and 10mm ring in my strut.
Basically back to what it was originally. The back is a little lower than the front but once I find those d**m schrader valves for my bags, I'll put a few pounds in them to lift it up and level it out.
I think I'm good for know with messing around with my suspension. I'll get it aligned hopefully this week. In the mean time, it should settle by the time they can get me in there and I'll just order those valves for my bags and be done :)
For now at least, haha.
What I will be doing is figuring out how to straighten out my valance and pop the fender and inner fender back into place.
I'll get some pics later, I'm pooped.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride last night and put my Led lights on driving through the neighborhood and noticed one light was facing up in the air.

Got home and checked it out, to my surprise the front valance is getting pretty beat up, more than I expected and must've moved the light after hitting a hump in the road.

So, I ordered another set of MOOG arms and will replace them asap.

Also measured, I have 3-9/16" clearance up front.

After I install them I'll get some updated pics. Its been a while since I posted any pictures :)
I had to remove my added-on Tahoe front valance on my 02 Denali when I went from 26's to 22's because it would hit the parking lot curbs and it got bent up. It was probably a little over 4". I have a new replacement but I'm not installing it until I have more clearance. It's so hard to tell when you've pulled too far forward when parking and then if I did, when I backed up it would try to tear it off.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no air damn and 3-9/16 up front ???? jeez i probably have more than that with the air damn and it still gets caught on stuff a few times a week

Yeah, I've been trying to get in touch with Air Lift. Lets just say there customer service is not something to write home about. Pretty sh***y if you ask me. After seeing how beat up it is and how much its deforming I thought it would be a good idea to just bring it up and go from there, haha. I cant tell you how many times I hit the road from slight dips at intersections never mind speed bumps.

I had to remove my added-on Tahoe front valance on my 02 Denali when I went from 26's to 22's because it would hit the parking lot curbs and it got bent up. It was probably a little over 4". I have a new replacement but I'm not installing it until I have more clearance. It's so hard to tell when you've pulled too far forward when parking and then if I did, when I backed up it would try to tear it off.

Oh boy, tell me about it. I thought I ripped it off a few times parking. pulling up just enough to hear it hit and then realize it could go from bad to worse when you're reversing. I'm good for now haha. Align and drive for a while without worrying.
I also didn't realize the front valance bumper and grill are all one piece. Who's idea was that?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HD bumpers on the pickups are like that. I found out when I had a new bumper installed on my CC. The valance and center bottom of the bumper are one big piece of black plastic wiich extends about 2" below the bumper which turned out to be exactly 2" too low when I aired it out so it had to go. Now I'm left with a big hole to fill in.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HD bumpers on the pickups are like that. I found out when I had a new bumper installed on my CC. The valance and center bottom of the bumper are one big piece of black plastic wiich extends about 2" below the bumper which turned out to be exactly 2" too low when I aired it out so it had to go. Now I'm left with a big hole to fill in.

Good g-d, that's terrible. What are your plans on filling it in?
It would be nice to see some aftermarket manufacturer would come out with some kind of option for a two piece valance.
I was looking at cutting mine but, I think it will end up looking out of place.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good g-d, that's terrible. What are your plans on filling it in?
It would be nice to see some aftermarket manufacturer would come out with some kind of option for a two piece valance.
I was looking at cutting mine but, I think it will end up looking out of place.
I'll figure something out. If I can find a damaged HD grill for cheap I could use some of the black diamond part to fill it with. I'm in the process of having done paint / clear coat work done so I'll try to work it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9