Truth or Lie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the specific question of how likely it is the dealer (any dealer) is lying to you, in my experience you have an 80% chance they are.

Usually when my weather app says 80%, it rains/snows. :)

PS-That probability pertains to the sales side. I have had much better luck on the service side, but not 100%…

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well… It would have to be another vehicle that could accommodate very comfortably a family of six and could tow a trailer. So I guess that would put me in a Tahoe high country. But for the price I would rather have the Yukon.
I sure wouldn’t do a minivan let me tell you that. My husband already has a truck so we don’t have a need for another one and this would be my daily driver.

The updated 2022 Ford Expedition is about to hit production. Would you consider that an alternative?

Dealerships are LOVING some of you right now.... Impatience and not willing to wait are also what is driving the costs up so much. When you have all of these orders stacking up at dealerships, they are licking their chops and KNOW they can get away with charging 10-20k over MSRP. Having a new Denali is not a life or death situation here, and that is how some of you are making your purchases out to be. Why not just wait until the dust settles on the chip shortages and manufacturing goes back to normal? Then you can buy exactly what you want, instead of a 'Frankenstein' package.

What do you all think of the new Grand Wagoneer? The jury is still out for me on those, haha

I agree, I don't think they are selling that well either. I've seen lots of inventory on jeep dealerships.
I think the problem with the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer is price. They need to come down another $10-15k to be competitive in terms of the overall package.

I also wouldn't trust a 1st year Jeep. I think Jeep's development lifecycle is:

1st year - prototype
2nd year - alpha testing
3rd year - beta testing
4th year - actually ready for production

GM's isn't too much better. I'd wait for a 3rd year GM. I'm okay with a 2nd year Toyota.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Dealerships are LOVING some of you right now.... Impatience and not willing to wait are also what is driving the costs up so much. When you have all of these orders stacking up at dealerships, they are licking their chops and KNOW they can get away with charging 10-20k over MSRP. Having a new Denali is not a life or death situation here, and that is how some of you are making your purchases out to be. Why not just wait until the dust settles on the chip shortages and manufacturing goes back to normal? Then you can buy exactly what you want, instead of a 'Frankenstein' package.

What do you all think of the new Grand Wagoneer? The jury is still out for me on those, haha
I don't think the inventory is going back to normal any time soon. Please read the article on the link below, GM and Ford are using a build-shy strategy to sell for higher profits.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife picked up a denali xl duramax; I did a write up about it in the duramax forum.
In summary, she loves it; for the money I'm unimpressed, the last BMW I had (X5) was head and shoulders ahead in the luxury game; to be fair one would need to compare with an X7 however.

The GMC mileage is crazy impressive, last weekend we did a ~600 mile road trip. at the pump it did 29.5mpg for the trip; for a full sized truck. Granted, it isn't a drivers vehicle, rather it's a bus.

GMC is trying to get into the lux market but they have a long way to go. Auto hvac, cabin quality and touch entry are light years behind the European offerings as 3 glaring examples. I'd put the Ford and the Toyota competitors below the GMC with the Wagoneer at a similar level when comparing these type of amenities.

program4444

Reaction score
My wife picked up a denali xl duramax; I did a write up about it in the duramax forum.
In summary, she loves it; for the money I'm unimpressed, the last BMW I had (X5) was head and shoulders ahead in the luxury game; to be fair one would need to compare with an X7 however.

The GMC mileage is crazy impressive, last weekend we did a ~600 mile road trip. at the pump it did 29.5mpg for the trip; for a full sized truck. Granted, it isn't a drivers vehicle, rather it's a bus.

GMC is trying to get into the lux market but they have a long way to go. Auto hvac, cabin quality and touch entry are light years behind the European offerings as 3 glaring examples. I'd put the Ford and the Toyota competitors below the GMC with the Wagoneer at a similar level when comparing these type of amenities.
Dug up an almost a year old thread for this breakdown?

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize the thread was so old, looks like this forum is rather sparse on content.
It is. It's amazing how little content/post compared to the 5th Gen Ram forum I frequent. It's easily 80% less.

marvcus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealerships are LOVING some of you right now.... Impatience and not willing to wait are also what is driving the costs up so much. When you have all of these orders stacking up at dealerships, they are licking their chops and KNOW they can get away with charging 10-20k over MSRP. Having a new Denali is not a life or death situation here, and that is how some of you are making your purchases out to be. Why not just wait until the dust settles on the chip shortages and manufacturing goes back to normal?

Old post but shot right between the eyes.

I just saw that 49% of 2022 new Tahoe/Yukon owners are paying over $1,000/mo.

Sure, some took advantage of 0% interest or paid off early, but a sizable chunk of owners are forking over mortgage payments for a Denali. And that could be for 72+ months!

This is unsustainable. What I wonder is what is going to happen once inventory starts to even out and discounts/incentives come? All the folks who were patient are going to be up against these owners who want to get out of the large albatross payment and into a cheaper one on a new Tahoe at a discount.

We’ll see what happens …

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old post but shot right between the eyes.

I just saw that 49% of 2022 new Tahoe/Yukon owners are paying over $1,000/mo.

Sure, some took advantage of 0% interest or paid off early, but a sizable chunk of owners are forking over mortgage payments for a Denali. And that could be for 72+ months!

This is unsustainable. What I wonder is what is going to happen once inventory starts to even out and discounts/incentives come? All the folks who were patient are going to be up against these owners who want to get out of the large albatross payment and into a cheaper one on a new Tahoe at a discount.

We’ll see what happens …
I think you may be referring to this video:

What that indicates to me is that the demographic for Tahoe/Yukons are going to be interest rate sensitive. With the recent GDP numbers and no indication that inflation is slowing down, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fed continues with a 75 bps increase in December and potentially even January as well. It's going to affect demand.

I'm waiting until 2024 for a couple of reasons but most importantly, I have real concerns about build quality and reliability of vehicles that have sat on a lot for months waiting for parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu