True Dual Exhaust on a 2-Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you overpaid. I wouldn’t sell mine for less than $25k, and it has 249k miles. Lol. But that’s Canadian dollars so it’s only about 12k US. Haha! (Did your wheels come stock with Center Caps?)

rchurch5945

Reaction score
I'm not sure about a 2 door 4wd but if you get under a 2 door 2wd you can easily see there is nowhere to run an exhaust pipe on the driver's side. I'd love to have dual exhaust on mine.

If anyone has, please post pics!

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
When I bought my 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe it had a "dual exhaust" on it all the way to the rear, with a 4"/6" drop. It was run underneath the rear axle, because if your Tahoe is lowered there is virtually no room for dual exhausts. I took it off and went with a Gibson cat back system that sounds good in combination with a shorty Edelbrock header.

hank45122

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I bought my 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe it had a "dual exhaust" on it all the way to the rear, with a 4"/6" drop. It was run underneath the rear axle, because if your Tahoe is lowered there is virtually no room for dual exhausts. I took it off and went with a Gibson cat back system that sounds good in combination with a shorty Edelbrock header.
How was the performance and mileage for the Gibson vs the tru me duals?

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
Sorry, never compared the mileage to the two exhausts. I added a shorty header at the same time as the Gibson and also added a Hypertech tune so no idea how much it changed. Since then, added a Whipple SC so it's changed even more.

11bravo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
96z71pit...do you still have your Tahoe with the true duals. would like to see the pics you said you would post.

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
Here is the dual exhaust configuration the original owner installed on my two door two wheel drive Tahoe. I ultimately removed it and installed a Gibson cat-back exhaust setup. It sounded bad IMHO and the rear axle clearance was not good. I'd stick with an over axle setup; there is no free lunch on clearance if you lower it.

Attachments

• 11-4_Tahoe_017[1].JPG
    11-4_Tahoe_017[1].JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 11-4_Tahoe_018[1].JPG
    11-4_Tahoe_018[1].JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 2

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
Much better setup with the single sideout exhaust. Sounds better-less drone- and there is more clearance, although it's not great.

Attachments

• IMG_3547.JPG
    IMG_3547.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 2

Sptwall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 2 door and got dual tailpipes to the back, i had it done like 15 or so yrs ago, not a problem, I'll try and post pics soon
I can not find the referenced pictures of your exhaust. Where can I find them. I would like to show the muffler shop guy, for reference.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts