Truck's gone crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can completely understand that.. My personal issue is, I have gotten China Knock Offs twice from Amazon, both were badged as ACDelco..
I get it. So far, with all the parts I have bought in my build thread, the vast majority came from RA with great results. I checked parts from Amazon and RA for the knock offs and have been very lucky so far with no problems.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can completely understand that.. My personal issue is, I have gotten China Knock Offs twice from Amazon, both were badged as ACDelco..
I trust rock auto the most vs Amazon / eBay. + you get a magnet for the garage door or fridge so you can look at how much money you spent to make them accumulate haha!

chevylade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would also consider The Body Control Module (BCM) with some of the symptoms that you described If the ignition switch doesn’t solve your problem. A bad BCM causes really weird problems. They are not available new anymore but you can buy them used. They need to be programmed for your VIN And you have to follow the installation instructions precisely for it to work properly. It takes about a half hour for the programming procedure once it is physically installed in your truck. I bought mine at highway71autoparts.com at just under $200. Took several weeks to get it but it solved my problems.

chevylade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I probably wasn’t very clear in my last post on the programming of the BCM. There are two parts to the process. Whomever you buy the BCM from needs to program it to your VIN. Once you receive it programmed from them, you have to do the second part of the programming to get it to work with your vehicle. No equipment is needed as you will turn the car on and off multiple times, waiting ten minutes between each start. That’s why it takes 30 minutes.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you thoroughly check all the ground connections on the engine block. I had the one that attaches to the back of the block near the firewall go on me and it caused the exact same symptoms as you describe. It was a literally a $0.10 fix but it cost me almost $1000 - I had to farm it out instead of doing it myself because I was jammed up with renos on my house.

OP
OP
C

CrazyZuni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like a ignition switch. Pretty common failure point on all GM products from the 2000's.
Hi, I replaced the ignition switch and now the truck starts without pulling the neg cable and reinstalling it but, the same issues are happening except the driver window and mirror bothwork and the abs and battery lights are on otherwise everything else is unchanged. Well today I went to start the truck and the key fob worked and it started without cable removal and all the lights on dash are normal as are all the other issues. Any Ideas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87