Truck won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
on page 1 there is a video
I watched that video and jumped that wire to get the truck running.
It shows what the fault is, not WHERE the fault is (or where the actual ground point is).

That's what i am looking for, if anyone knows.

Bill-H

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched that video and jumped that wire to get the truck running.
It shows what the fault is, not WHERE the fault is (or where the actual ground point is).

That's what i am looking for, if anyone knows.

Bill-H
I don't know myself if there is any particular place it would tend to break, you might have to just break out a meter and start testing until you find it

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know myself if there is any particular place it would tend to break, you might have to just break out a meter and start testing until you find it
I will if I have to (Then, will share what I find). just hoping someone already knew.

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So,, Did some chasing last night.
On my 2003 Tahoe LT, 5.3 flex. The coil harness ground point appears to be under the engine. Drivers side, Approximately under Cyl 3. Same attachment point as the Negative battery cable.

Strange thing is it wasn't actually separated. Just corroded in the ring connector to the point it no longer made contact. Came apart when I tugged on the wire.

Disconnected the "jumper/new ground line" and verified continuity from the wire below to the injector harness.

Will be hard to reach to reconnect as the front diff is in the way.

Bill H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish