TRT, Tow Rig Tuesday...show what ya tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterman

Reaction score
Yesterday was the first time I pulled the boat with the new Yukon...curious to see what everyone tows with their rigs...figured having a TRT thread might be cool. The new truck didn't squat too bad, I could hear the auto ride motor kick on when the ball took on the load, didn't seem like it lifted too much though.

View attachment 200412 View attachment 200413 View attachment 200414
Yesterday was the first time I pulled the boat with the new Yukon...curious to see what everyone tows with their rigs...figured having a TRT thread might be cool. The new truck didn't squat too bad, I could hear the auto ride motor kick on when the ball took on the load, didn't seem like it lifted too much though.

Here is my 15 Denali. I don’t even notice the boat is there.C6011BAF-17A2-4544-BEA8-32EDCB55B01B.jpeg

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Garandman

Reaction score
i-63Ks82h-L.jpg They race these funky 70”s Boats called Thunderbirds here and my wife wanted one. They are too heavy for our Honda Odyssey to tow. So I told my wife she was going to have to drive the Tahoe, though I did make the trip to Ontario to pick it up.

Frankly I hate the thing as a daily driver, but it towed this nearly 6,000 lb setup without any problem. We used to tow with a Chevy Express 2500 and this is better.

Reaction score
Our 28’ travel trailer, my Jeep, and a load of p-stone with a dump trailer.

View attachment 200555 View attachment 200556 View attachment 200557

How does it do with the travel trailer. I have a 40' diesel pusher and would love to exchange it for a 32' toy hauler with a slide. Not sure my 2015 Yukon XL Denali can handle towing it with a couple HD's inside. Any thoughts? I pull the HD's in an enclosed trailer behind the motorhome now... Really need some advice here. Don't really want to go to a pickup yet...

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new truck didn't squat too bad, I could hear the auto ride motor kick on when the ball took on the load, didn't seem like it lifted too much though.

It probably got it back to close to normal height in the back. But what the shocks dont do is put weight back on the front, so the front sits higher than normal. Goving it the level or sagging look.

Reaction score

What kind of boat is that?
Looks awesome. I tow a 1987 Formula 272..

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it do with the travel trailer. I have a 40' diesel pusher and would love to exchange it for a 32' toy hauler with a slide. Not sure my 2015 Yukon XL Denali can handle towing it with a couple HD's inside. Any thoughts? I pull the HD's in an enclosed trailer behind the motorhome now... Really need some advice here. Don't really want to go to a pickup yet...

That dosnt sound like something I would want to tow around with a half ton Yukon. I would get the overall weight combo figured out and go from there. Dont go over the factory rating by much and you should be good.

Reaction score
That dosnt sound like something I would want to tow around with a half ton Yukon. I would get the overall weight combo figured out and go from there. Dont go over the factory rating by much and you should be good.

Yea, its a lot over...
I know it has the horse power, but you still have to have suspension that works and be able to stop....
I keep hoping someone has had some experience going way over the limit...

Thanks, Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep