Trouble shooting help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
250k and counting
if the ac pump has not been changed then that would be my main suspect, sometimes they make noise intermittent, sometimes they make noise all the time, sometimes they lock up and kick the belt off. I would check it more thorough in case it is bad and before it throws metal thru the whole system. you may be able to hear it better if you get under the front right bumper area and have a helper rev the engine while you listen, needless to say don't stick your head or fingers up in there while the engine is running :eek: if you hear what sounds like little bits of metal being chewed up, then take the ac belt off and have the helper rev the engine again to make sure the sound is gone.

OP
OP
Jeremy4601

Jeremy4601

Reaction score
if the ac pump has not been changed then that would be my main suspect, sometimes they make noise intermittent, sometimes they make noise all the time, sometimes they lock up and kick the belt off. I would check it more thorough in case it is bad and before it throws metal thru the whole system. you may be able to hear it better if you get under the front right bumper area and have a helper rev the engine while you listen, needless to say don't stick your head or fingers up in there while the engine is running :eek: if you hear what sounds like little bits of metal being chewed up, then take the ac belt off and have the helper rev the engine again to make sure the sound is gone.

10-4. Removing the a/c belt would at least eliminate that threat tho, right?

OP
OP
Jeremy4601

Jeremy4601

Reaction score
So, the a/c belt was in fact shredded. Everything is back together less an a/c belt and things are fine. So I’m okay to ride for now. Upon inspecting things a little further... the pulley on the compressor looks good, spins freely with no wobble or play and seems fine on the surface. The tensioner pulley for the a/c belt however will not turn at all. Shouldnt this spin freely as well? I’m thinking maybe the tensioner is the culprit?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the tensioner pulley have a flat spot from the belt? And yes, Change the whole assembly if you can afford it. Spings break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345