Trouble making contact for return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dojrs

Reaction score
has anyone else had bad luck trying to return something they purchased from rockauto???? The part I ordered does NOT match the part I received. I ordered black and received GREY. Spoke to a paint and body guy who told me yes it can be painted but due to it being textured plastic he will NOT guarantee that the paint will adhere and stay even with using the proper application process, not to mention the cost of doing it greatly outweighs the cost of buying another one in the correct color. Rockauto’s return process and electronic customer service won’t allow it to be returned because the price I bought it for has changed and shipping is greater than initial cost of the item. WTH???? I didn’t order it wrong the person who picked the item off the shelf picked the wrong item. Everything I have says matte black and the one I received is grey!!!! Will rockauto do anything to rectify the situation????

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you call them or just use the crappy automated return system? thier phone number listed on the website will get you to someone who can help. ive had 2 items replaced through thier automated system but the guy at work refuses to use it and does it over the phone.

OP
OP
D

dojrs

Reaction score
did you call them or just use the crappy automated return system? thier phone number listed on the website will get you to someone who can help. ive had 2 items replaced through thier automated system but the guy at work refuses to use it and does it over the phone.

I tried the both. The automated website is in theory a good idea. But doesn’t do what a person can understand. If I had ordered the wrong part I would just eat crow and order a new one. When I tried calling the only phone number I could find on the website it goes to the home office in Wisconsin and I can’t even get an operator on the phone to help get me to the correct person. Does anyone have a contact phone number extension for someone there??

OP
OP
D

dojrs

Reaction score
Finally made contact via email. Original cost refunded. Now to order another one and hope it gets pulled correctly this time.

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto has the worst customer service... I had spent thousands throughout the years and took my business back to the local parts stores after they put a bad taste in my mouth.

I had ordered a radiator that got damaged during shipping. While this technically was not Rock Auto's fault, it was most certainly not my fault. You think they would return my emails, phone calls or cooperate with me to give USPS the required information? Nah, 2+ years later my case is still pending review.

Pathetic. I don't care about cheap bottom of the barrel prices if I'm going to get dumped on by them.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard rockauto going both ways by several individuals. ive used them for years and only recently purchased a part that was missing part of it. looked like someone ordered the part removed what they wanted and returned it. ive dealt with that at local stores too so i dont know what to say there. my return went easily and my replacement part was correct. guy here at work refuses to deal with them based on he swears he gets nothing but bad or wrong parts all the time. and another guy at work has had to return stuff regularly but only calls them because the automated service is "bull sh**" as he says.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I can I order from Amazon with 2nd day prime shipping 5% off if useing amazon cc and no hassle return, print a label put the box in front of my door and UPS will pick it up the next day. Priceless

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I can I order from Amazon with 2nd day prime shipping 5% off if useing amazon cc and no hassle return, print a label put the box in front of my door and UPS will pick it up the next day. Priceless
Lately, I am guilty of this too. I especially like to use Amazon when I am working on projects that I'm not in a hurry to get back on the road - I noticed prices fluctuate a lot on Amazon depending on the day so I wait until prices get outrageously cheap.

I scored Timken hub assemblies and Billstein 5100(?) Shocks for my 05 2500HD for $210.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately, I am guilty of this too. I especially like to use Amazon when I am working on projects that I'm not in a hurry to get back on the road - I noticed prices fluctuate a lot on Amazon depending on the day so I wait until prices get outrageously cheap.

I scored Timken hub assemblies and Billstein 5100(?) Shocks for my 05 2500HD for $210.

it just too convenient to pass on it, makes me feel like a couch potato

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rockauto generally does not even have a customer service department, there best point of contact is email, this is how they provide such low prices it's all explained right on there website, i've never had a problem with returns even when it was not the part I expected. If I need a part right now I will go buy it down the road.
I just have to keep in mind that a cheap part offered for $10 versus the same oem part that is $100 that there is probably a good reason why it is so cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96