Transmission!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service schedule should be in your owner's manual and if you don't have one you can download it which is much easier to use.

bobhammer711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ that I bought brand new with about 63,000 miles. Started having issues with a whirring sound upon acceleration a couple weeks ago. Took it to the dealership was told it could be the transmission pump but they wouldn’t be able to tell till they got into it and could tear it down but, they couldn’t do it that day because it was right before Christmas. I asked if it was ok to drive in the meantime and they said yes nothing catastrophic would happen! Well not even a week later and only 130 miles driven since, the transmission goes out! Won’t shift past 1st acts like it’s in neutral. But if I turn it off and then back on again I can get it going again until I come to a stop! Weird!!! I have to have it towed to the dealer to see exactly what the problem is but has anyone had this issue? I called the dealer to let them know and was told if it’s the transmission that needs to be replaced it could be 6-9,000 grand if it’s the pump could be 3-5,000 grand! Not the way I wanted to start the new year! Any insight is greatly appreciated!

*it’s the 8 speed! *edit* it is in fact the 6 speed! Just checked it manually
I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ with 163K on the odometer. I have the whirring sound too. It's been whirring along for a couple of years now. Sometimes, when the engine is still cold, it shifts hard in the low gears too. I haven't taken any action yet because I've been thinking about getting a new vehicle.
But I'm curious if you have taken any action yet, and what did you find out. Thanks..bh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011