Transmission Slipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AirJordan613

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just seeing this too, and that definitely should be checked out with a scanner soon. I see the CEL is not on, so the computer isn't detecting slippage between the input and output sensors. The thing my 6.2/6L80 has been doing is the shift flare between 2-3 shift and sometimes the 4-5 shift. I also hear my trans shift moreso than feel it shift

Had both the Chevy dealer and an independent trans shop hook up their scanners and neither could identify anything wrong. No slippage detected.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably just rebuild the trans.
3+ yrs ago, when I had our 6L80 out to do the rear main engine seal job, I thought about having the tranny rebuilt. Estimate to remove, rebuild, and replace was $2500 at a local quality shop with a good reputation and warranty. I'm positive their price has gone up since then. What does GM get for a rebuilt trans? and get a local shop to swap it out if you can't do it?

OP
OP
AirJordan613

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted around $3,300 for remove, rebuild, and replace at a local shop. I believe a GM reman can be had for around that much after returning core and before labor costs to remove/install.

OP
OP
AirJordan613

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to provide an update on this - it turned out the trans was just low on fluid. The dealership insists they fully filled it. I'm guessing they forgot that I have the factory trans cooler. Or maybe the trans needed to burp somehow. It was 2 whole qts low on fluid. Once filled back up it was back to normal. No rebuild or replacement needed. It's up to 150k now and still working as intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy