Transmission question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrobinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had gearstar build my Trans it has been awesome it is a stage 4 4l60 with a billit converter. I also use gearstar for for street rod applications check them out

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an option would to just have a 2wd trans rebuilt ( buy a used that needs work) and just have it built to hold. may need tuning, will need a 2wd rear driveshaft, and either 2wd hubs swapped in or the outers put back in. (there is some debate on some brands, but why chance it) then just take out the front diff and such. ( not sure if the trans crossmember is the same (believe it is)

OP
OP
Denalibro76

Denalibro76

Reaction score
You can’t run an AWD transfer case without front axles or it will destroy itself. Your CV axles should be fine lowered depending on how low you are. Buy OEM or equivalent replacements.
Ok. Great to know! Thanks! It’s not a crazy drop or anything…like 3 1/2 inches in the front and 4ish in the back.

OP
OP
Denalibro76

Denalibro76

Reaction score
G
an option would to just have a 2wd trans rebuilt ( buy a used that needs work) and just have it built to hold. may need tuning, will need a 2wd rear driveshaft, and either 2wd hubs swapped in or the outers put back in. (there is some debate on some brands, but why chance it) then just take out the front diff and such. ( not sure if the trans crossmember is the same (believe it is)
Yeah I think I’m just going to stick with what I have. Get my current transmission rebuilt and I’m good to go. Thanks for the info though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14