TRANSMISSION Oil Cooler Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2007YukonXL

Reaction score
>You don't have a 6L transmission in a 2007. It's the 4L60E.

Thanks for the clarification

>Your part number at top is wrong for the inlet pipe. The 25999416 that you received is the correct part. It goes from the TOP fitting on the side of the transmission to the DRIVER side of the trans cooler. The Outlet Pipe 15779543 goes from the passenger side of the trans cooler and up to the top of the radiator coolant tank. The existing line from the top of the radiator tank to the transmission is discarded.

Got it...THANKS this is making more sense now. Hopefully to clarify this for someone in the future...

-Hot fluid leaves the transmission from the BOTTOM port on the side of the transmission and flows along the BOTTOM steel line then enters the radiator through the BOTTOM port of the radiator.
-Cooled fluid leaves the TOP port of the radiator and travels along the TOP steel line and enters the TOP port of the transmission

When installing a factory style transmission cooler...
-Leave the stock transmission outlet BOTTOM port steel pipe alone.
-Remove the steel pipe from the TOP radiator fitting and replace with the the short length Outlet Pipe PN 15779543 and this runs back down the aft side of the radiator then forward and under the radiator core support chassis frame to a square hole that is in front of the air-conditioning condenser then that steel pipe runs up and slightly inboard and connects to the remote cooler passenger side inlet port.
-The fluid flows through the remote cooler from the passenger side toward the driver side where it exits the remote cooler at the bottom port on the drivers side.
-The replacement steel line PN 25999416 is a long length line that runs from the remote cooler drivers side bottom port back to the TOP port of the transmission.

Since the steel line that connects to the top port of the transmission looks to be super difficult to get to I think I will take the existing TOP full length steel line and cut it right below the radiator before it turns up to go to the top port of the radiator and make a bubble flare and use high pressure rubber hose to splice it to the drivers side port of the remote transmission cooler.

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided to go with the Derale cooler, so I have a trucool and atomic brackret, if anyone is interested?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line at transmission is the return(cool line) Top line at trans is the HOT
fluid going out to the transmission- on a 6L80E Trans
I just got done removing my oem aux cooler and installing a fan forced derale
trans cooler. I mounted it behind the bumper area since it doesn't need direct flow.

It was a PITA too... seemed like it would be simple, but I am ocd . Still need to test
it out under towing conditions
Would love to see pics if not too inconvenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to see pics if not too inconvenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes !! I did take some pics before I reinstalled bumper/headlights, etc
I'll get them emailed to myself so I can load onto a thread. Gimme a day or so

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't work.. it says file is too large .. I emailed my pics from my phone.. I'll keep trying

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't work.. it says file is too large .. I emailed my pics from my phone.. I'll keep trying
You can use the Tapatalk mobile app to log into the forum and upload directly from your phone. Choose "small" when asked for the size and you won't have any problems.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

Figuring out how to upload the pic's may be harder than installing the trans cooler!LOL F'ing non compliant computers need to be taught a lesson somehow! How can somthing so smart be so dumb, Here are the pic's now upload them you pos machine! Nope i dont think i will, And i wont help you understand why either! Im old and hate computers!

012.JPG 022.JPG 006.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic