Transmission fluid leak - front of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ses_yukon

ses_yukon

Reaction score
My 2015 was leaking also so I took it in and it was the connector’s on the hoses that were deteriorated and leaking the fluid.
I like this solution way better than a new radiator.

I’ll post an update. Heading there now.

OP
OP
ses_yukon

ses_yukon

Reaction score
Well here’s what the deal is…

In front of the radiator is the AC condenser. They decided to integrate the trans cooker into the AC condenser. Why??? Who knows.

Mine has a hole that’s spraying fluid back towards the fan which is flinging it everywhere.

So it’s essentially a radiator job since the condenser is in front of the radiator. Plus the added AC recharge cost.

Parts plus AC recharge if I do it would be around $600. Shop is charging $1100 for the job. Sucks but spraying ATF isn’t ideal.

OP
OP
ses_yukon

ses_yukon

Reaction score
Fix it........At least you know what it is.
I hear you and you're not wrong.
In this case I opted to let the shop do it. Total cost was actually only $725.

I was losing AC coolant along with ATF fluid.

They sucked out my AC coolant saved it, then topped it off. That's something I don't have the equipment to do. I imagine I would've lost everything when I removed the AC condenser/transmission cooler. That would've resulted in a full recharge which is costly. Also if I would've taken it home they certainly would've charged me a diagnostic fee. That along with running a vehicle that's actively losing transmission fluid didn't seem like a good idea.

There's also the time factor. I could've done it but the shop did the job in 1 day. It would've taken me working on it over a week to get it all done. And at least through the shop I've got a warranty on the work. If I screw it up it's on me. Been there, done that.

So I agree with you. I certainly could've figured it out, but in this case I'm okay with the choice I made.

A huge thanks to you and the others that chimed in. The help is truly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie