Transmission fluid and filter recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I plan to change fluid and filter sometime this year so this thread got me in gear to get the stuff and have it ready. Figured I would give the dealer a chance to provide the fluid... nope. They will only sell me a 275 gallon bulk tote... said they can't even sell small quantities. Which begs the question, where does everyone get the quarts and gallons? He told me to just go buy ATF at the auto parts store.
The gallons used to be available years ago I bought them a few times right from the dealership. Just went to the Dealer a few weeks ago and no more gallons and no more quarts. Was told they only use Trans Fluid that comes in bulk now.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It changed again since this morning by about $10. Regardless, my conversion /math game was a bit (way) off this morning. Lol
The quarts of Dex-VI full synthetic (10-9243) came back in-stock at the $4.09 price again (not free shipping) so I grabbed 24 of them and they're now showing out of stock again. Total with shipping $137.08 gives me a final cost of $5.71/qt...

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The quarts of Dex-VI full synthetic (10-9243) came back in-stock at the $4.09 price again (not free shipping) so I grabbed 24 of them and they're now showing out of stock again. Total with shipping $137.08 gives me a final cost of $5.71/qt...

Shell game. Lol

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shell game. Lol
It may be... the cheap price is shipped and sold by a 3rd party vendor, the ~$10/qt price is shipped and sold by amazon. The 3rd party vendor probably only puts so many up at a time and when they're gone it reverts back to offereing the ones shipped/sold by amazon. I'm guessing my order of 24 emptied them out.

That being said, I do take a higher risk that I get counterfeit goods, but even the cheapest, bottom barrel fluid is $2/qt, I can't see them scrubbing labels and putting new labels on for a profit of less than $2/qt so I'm inclined to believe that guy just has a way to get it cheap. We'll see when it gets here.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be... the cheap price is shipped and sold by a 3rd party vendor, the ~$10/qt price is shipped and sold by amazon. The 3rd party vendor probably only puts so many up at a time and when they're gone it reverts back to offereing the ones shipped/sold by amazon. I'm guessing my order of 24 emptied them out.

That being said, I do take a higher risk that I get counterfeit goods, but even the cheapest, bottom barrel fluid is $2/qt, I can't see them scrubbing labels and putting new labels on for a profit of less than $2/qt so I'm inclined to believe that guy just has a way to get it cheap. We'll see when it gets here.
Got my fluid today, I have every reason to believe it is authentic. Came in delco box, bottles are sealed and marked properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14