Transmission Dilemma...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
S33k3r, so I crawled underneath once I got home and took a closer look. What I had seen in the beginning before the transmission was rebuilt was the transmission spewing fluid onto the cross pipe of the exhaust and that was causing the smoke. It looks like now, its not transmission fluid, the entire transmission and transfer case looks dry. Its motor oil coming from between the motor and the transmission (rear main). When he rebuilt the tranny, he replaced the rear main but obviously didn't do it correctly. There we many things he didn't do correctly including stripping several bolts on the headers where the cats connect. When I got the car back, it had an exhaust leak and when I asked him about it, he said "oh yeah, those bolts are junk. I just put some washers in there so you should be ok". I drove it straight to my trusted mechanic who was blown away by what a crappy job he did putting everything back. The transmission seems to work fine but only time will tell. My truck will never go back up there again! If something goes bad with the transmission, I'll just take it to someone else in the future... Lesson learned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klis