Transmission cooling lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not that it has anything to do with this subject other than the word "hose," I worked for Caterpillar Tractor Company in Mossville, IL for a while making various sizes of hydraulic hose. We were known as Spiral Winders since we applied the alternating layers of reinforcing wire and rubber, from 4 to 10 wire layers, 3/8" to 2" (although the spec was metric and that's how we measured it). Some of that stuff was pretty difficult to handle, being that many layers and thicknesses. Guess I was a hoser for a while. LOL

NEECAPR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the lines in our '99 Yukon with Delco originals as suggested by their popularity on Rock Auto. The lower line wasn't bad. But, the upper line was just as NOREVERSEYUKON says. Old line was so rusted that it easily folded in the middle for easy removal!! That rust is why I changed it.
For the new upper one, I saw real trouble coming before even starting the job. So, I cut it down at the section that runs along side the engine oil pan, about 6" back from the portion that rises to the radiator fitting. Made inverted flares--tough to make seal without good equipment, as was I. But, if you grease them thoroughly on the bench, then wring them tight on the coupling, hard, many times until they tighten firmly with only minor nut rotation, they'll be pretty close. If they leak slightly on the car, you'll have to continue the tightening and loosening some more--I did. Before you'd cut the line you want to be sure it's at a place you can reach if necessary with the double wrenches.
The two piece line is a breeze to put in. Well worth the extra steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh