Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally researched these JIC fittings and basically the same as AN fitting only with “less exacting tolerances” and generally cost less.

I’ll be changing those horrible worm clamps out with the TBolt clamps for now to see how they hold up. Then I guess it’s on to JIC fittings if they start leaking again.

Thanks for everyone’s help! Definitely have learned a lot about Army Navy Fittings, Joint Industry Council Fittings, worm clamps, and TBolt clamps!
How did the clamps work out for you? One of mine is just wet. Not enough for me to do anything at the moment. I hate bringing it to the dealership. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I haven’t checked up there yet as I plan to swap those worm clamps tomorrow for stronger TBolt style I just received tonight. I’m hopeful I’ll be able to tighten the OEM aluminum fitting enough to stop the slight weeping.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I got this set..

4E034D9A-7867-4E21-A25A-66EA25C66498.jpeg

I used the 16-18mm size to put over the OEM aluminum fitting.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I believe I used 12-14mm over new hose (could have went smaller but found it easier to work with the larger one).