Trans Cooler Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one of these on my 2007 yukon that just got a new trans. not sure if the Temps were part of the last trans dying but I didn't like how high the Temps were with it or the new trans. I was seeing as high as 200 on my drive home from work with outside temps in mid 80s. also saw 230* going over tehatchapi pulling a 4500lb load with outside Temps in the mid-low 50s. after the install normal Temps on my drive home are in the 110-130 range depending on outside temp. pulled the grapevine last week going to disneyland at 75mph with outside temp at 95 and it got up to 162 at its hottest for less than 5 min and it started dropping immediately once the grade decreased. best $120 I've spent on the yukon yet.

-scott

Seems to me that this transmission cooler and or the lines were getting clogged up and not flowing properly. The Trans Flow machine that GM uses for fluid exchanges does test the flow of the fluid into and out of the cooler and lines. This is described in the shop manual too. That may have caused the demise of this fellas transmission and was beginning to put a hurt on the new one until it was replaced.

wildmanaaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran the lines straight down through the plastic bracket. Notched the foam that fills the bracket (and in my case stuck to the bumper cover) a little so as not to pinch the lines. Went down and under the structural bumper (impact bar) and up to connect to the hard line at the top of radiator. Can't see much of the lines once the cover is back on.

Where do each of the lines on the Tru Cool cooler go? I have gotten mixed up. I assume the driver side line as shown is the "cooled down" side?

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...ine_Kit_Instructions.pdf?11017191351011571157

pressure side goes to drivers side, return is on passenger side.

I got the full kit from Glensautoperformance and although a bit pricey, makes the whole thing plug and play. My temps are consistently 40* higher than ambient. I haven’t towed with it yet. All I had to do was pull the old lines, install an adapters, mount cooler with bracket, run new an lines. Tighten, top off the fluid, check for leaks. And run it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos