Trans Cooler Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
this is my dilemma. I got to figure how to mount a trans cooler but i already have a Aftercooler for my supercharger. Not sure if the 2 will fit and still allow install of bumper

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could do a remote cooler with a thermostatic fan. Could also low mount it behind the bumper and fab some ducting to get air to it.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same unit on my 2006. Absolutely love it. Had to haul around a 6000lb sea ray today for my close family friend. As much as I had to maneuver it around, never saw Temps above 170 degrees thanks my Tru cool cooler. Best mod I've done so far!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ill have to wait and see what the cooler looks like when my trans gets here. But my idea is if it don't fit, Ill cut the lower bumper dam completely between the fogs and mount it in there. It will make people think i have a BF intercooler

scotts_4x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed one of these on my 2007 yukon that just got a new trans. not sure if the Temps were part of the last trans dying but I didn't like how high the Temps were with it or the new trans. I was seeing as high as 200 on my drive home from work with outside temps in mid 80s. also saw 230* going over tehatchapi pulling a 4500lb load with outside Temps in the mid-low 50s. after the install normal Temps on my drive home are in the 110-130 range depending on outside temp. pulled the grapevine last week going to disneyland at 75mph with outside temp at 95 and it got up to 162 at its hottest for less than 5 min and it started dropping immediately once the grade decreased. best $120 I've spent on the yukon yet.

-scott

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a Tru-Cool 40k trans cooler this morning. Even though I have the tow package, no trans cooler included. Thanks GM. Anyway, all done, no leaks and way cooler trans temps now.
2009 yukon xl.

View attachment 81058

@Tractoman where did you run the lines? I installed one in my 04' Silverado but followed a write up to use factory lines. Haven't seen much for GMT900s w/o lines. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14