Trade 16 for 19?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Day

Reaction score
Given the current used car prices, I’m starting to think about updating. I have a 16 2wd with 55,700 miles. In great shape, I always take good care of my cars. Hasn’t ever given me anything to complain about.
Wife and I were driving home from dinner tonight and saw a 19 4wd, 100k certified, 17,600 miles for $41,500 at a local dealer. I know the GM at the dealer, will likely get it closer to the 40 mark.
Opinions are welcome. Is it worth it? Or just keep and enjoy mine. (I’m thinking mine will bring in $33.5k if I sell it)
I purchased a 2019 XL SLT with 27000 miles, 2WD for $42K. Certified. Different markets get different prices. Excellent vehicle.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally done. Took 3 nights but installed splash guards, Hikari LED headlight bulbs, k&N filter, catch can and plugged in my Range device. All that’s left now is to decide if I want to install front tow hooks on this one too. Installed them on my 16, but never used them. Nice to have but I could use that 2.5 hours to relax instead.

AB0A1E6C-2D4A-4620-A32E-E12E636FB39A.jpeg

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally done. Took 3 nights but installed splash guards, Hikari LED headlight bulbs, k&N filter, catch can and plugged in my Range device. All that’s left now is to decide if I want to install front tow hooks on this one too. Installed them on my 16, but never used them. Nice to have but I could use that 2.5 hours to relax instead.

View attachment 279158
I had tow hooks on my 17. Don’t have them on my 19 and don’t miss them.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not worth the time and effort (for now at least). The weather is finally getting better around here. I’d rather go for a twisty backroads drive in my vette instead. Plenty of crappy weather days 6 months out of the year to spend 3 hours in the garage putting front tow hooks on

Last edited:
OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Carvana was taking forever, so earlier this week, I tried Vroom again. Offered me $412 more than Carvana. Vroom also has actual human beings you can talk to, not just Sebastian the robot with predetermined answers. Already all signed and FedExed. Car’s being picked up next week. So far, very smooth.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great things are going well with this for you, nice to see these days. Enjoy your new baby.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great things are going well with this for you, nice to see these days. Enjoy your new baby.

Thank you much. This is one of those insane times where you’re losing very little on used cars, breaking even or depending on what you have, even making money. I’ve got a couple unsolicited crazy offers on my vette recently. Not selling it, but the world has gone mad. So take advantage if you have something you’d like to sell. Flip side is, finding something to buy at a right price, which is becoming very difficult

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final update:
Truck was picked up last week Thursday while I was in New York for work. About an hour after pickup, I received an email that in 2-3 business days my check will go out. Received a FedEx tracking number yesterday morning. Check arrived about an hour ago. Honestly, 0 complaints with Vroom. (I opted for a physical check because I didn’t want my bank information shared with some third party).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs