Track width & height front to rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WYO-HD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished fine tuning track width with oem wheels w/+31 offset. Started with 1.25" spacers on all four corners. After all was installed and measured, rear was out further, as most know when installing a lift with new knuckles and outer axle shaft extensions. Instead of going with thicker spacers in the rear, I ordered 3/8" front wheel spacers after measuring clearances. I already rubbed on the power retractable steps up front so didn't want to bring the fronts out anymore, but rather move them in since space was still available.

After installing the new 3/8" spacers, I had almost 5/16" of room left and a slite rub still up front. So we turned them down 3/16" that left me with a 3/16" spacer. Now installed the clearance between the upper a-arm/ball joint and inner front tire is 1/8". I took a flapper wheel and ground off the sharp lip on the aluminium a- arm.

All good now with a track width up front of 84.5" and a rear measurement of 84.75"....close enough for me and no rubbing on the retractable steps, even when in their down position. The measurement up front from ground to the bottom of the fender is 44", the rear measures 44.5".

Hope this helps some that may want to run oem wheels with a lift in the future. I know I had many questions in the beginning. BTW, have a set of the 1.25" rear hub/wheel centric spacers available if anyone is interested.

Site won't let me upload pics now, but will try later so you can see.

Cheers,

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Awesome update!! Really looks good like an oem setup, well done! Glad you got the track width all worked out and narrowed the front to eliminate rubbing. Think it fits exactly what you where looking to achieve with the lift and look. If you ever want to even up that 1/2" front get a 1/4" thick lower strut spacer and it will bring that front up 1/2". Do you have any plans to trim the front lower valance? It will make it look taller in the front. Also how did the 1.25" spacers fit with stock nubs inside the oem wheels?

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Truck looks great. Nice size lift with perfect size tires. Love the look with no fender flares. I hate when people put huge fender flares on and make the rims n tires look like they don't stick out at all.

Two fridges and two tv's in the garage. It gets serious in there on game days lol?

OP
OP
WYO-HD

WYO-HD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome update!! Really looks good like an oem setup, well done! Glad you got the track width all worked out and narrowed the front to eliminate rubbing. Think it fits exactly what you where looking to achieve with the lift and look. If you ever want to even up that 1/2" front get a 1/4" thick lower strut spacer and it will bring that front up 1/2". Do you have any plans to trim the front lower valance? Also how did the 1.25" spacers fit with stock nubs inside the oem wheels?

Thank you - May do the 1/2" mod up front to get it exactly level...wouldn't think it is too involved. May trim the valance although still undecided and not sure exactly what part to trim if I do. The stock lugs fit fine into the oem nubs, located behind the wheel. they have room to accommodate up to 1/2" of stock lug thread with no trimming.

Two fridges and two tv's in the garage. It gets serious in there on game days lol?
It does indeed...we usually have quite the heard of neighbors over on game day - College on Saturday and Pro on Sunday.:beer:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
@WYO-HD Why don't you trim that front black valance in half at the drop back line so it looks a little taller up front?

Last edited:
OP
OP
WYO-HD

WYO-HD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may...still looking to possibly sell depending on job search outcomes now that the oil and gas industry tanked.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I would def trim it back so that the line is completely even with a straight line. Always could leave gas and join the nukes, keeping me plenty busy even though cutting some costs now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9