TPW of 1/3/2022 on 2022 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order today and have an order number but it's still pending dealer allocation. How does this all work exactly? Seems strange that I would have an order sheet and order number if the dealer can't really even order it yet? They said it could be a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
I placed an order today and have an order number but it's still pending dealer allocation. How does this all work exactly? Seems strange that I would have an order sheet and order number if the dealer can't really even order it yet? They said it could be a couple of weeks.
Do you know what the event code description is?

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
An order # just means your dealer input to the system.... To move forward your dealer must have an open/available allocation for the vehicle you ordered and GM must have no constraints (options or standard items that are unavailable these days preventing your vehicle from being built) hindering order acceptance.

When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100. UNTIL Chevrolet ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don’t have an order with GM at this point. You only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule. Dealer Allocation is simple to understand – GM changed its model for producing vehicles a few years’ back. Dealers are now awarded allocation based on past performance, as well as other factors. If you are sitting at 1100 you are not in line yet for production. Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your car build.

First, many dealers do not understand the allocation process.

Second, dealers are told at the beginning of every model year the number of units they are expected to order. This is their Guide Number, so called because it is intended to help a dealer “floor plan.”

Third, many dealers confuse Guide Number with Allocation.

Fourth, dealers are told every other Thursday how many Allocations (a portion of the Guide Number) they can use over the following two weeks AND this number of orders will be divided over two weeks.

To summarize, say the dealer is given 50 units as a Guide, which means about 1 unit every weekly ordering process from 2 units awarded in the every other week ordering process. If the dealer sells a dozen trucks every year, change the 50 to 12 and reduce the bi-weekly consensus to conform. By the way, this awkward system meets laws and demands of court decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt