TPS, Alternator, Trans, or Other

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Prometheus_Lens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TPS is integrated into the throttle body
You want to use a scan tool of some sort to look at your TPS vs Throttle vs Commanded
values, IF you think that's an issue.

You may really just need some good old fashioned TLC
Spark plugs, plug wire, air filter, belts, trans filter/fluid, differential fluids.
If this is a new to you truck, then get all the maint done before you start
chasing ghosts and looking for problems

Definitely appreciate this, thank you!

OP
OP
P

Prometheus_Lens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following up to everyone's input... I did replace the TPS on the throttle body and cleaned the crap out of the blades. The carbon build-up was ugh! However, she runs a bit smoother now. MAF sensor has been ordered.

On another note... I did notice that the spark plug wire/heat-shield on the drivers side closest to the firewall is a little loose as the engine is running. Would this also cause my issue, even though it is part of the ignition system? It is being done this weekend.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following up to everyone's input... I did replace the TPS on the throttle body and cleaned the crap out of the blades. The carbon build-up was ugh! However, she runs a bit smoother now. MAF sensor has been ordered.

On another note... I did notice that the spark plug wire/heat-shield on the drivers side closest to the firewall is a little loose as the engine is running. Would this also cause my issue, even though it is part of the ignition system? It is being done this weekend.
Could be a contributor, yes. I'd be more concerned about the spark plug itself being loose. I'd get in there and check if it were mine, and have a new plug wire on hand in case you tear the boot on the old one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts