TPMS Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We charge around $100-120 each fdepending on the vehicle at my shop, that's dismounting the tire, installing the new sensor, re-balancing and programming. Lately we have been using Autel sensors with good results. Yes they're expensive...we're not a tire shop but we do quite a few and our price is comparable to dealers. There are some tire shops doing them for $75-80 though.

I second staying away from ebay and amazon. Rockauto is fine for sensors, problem is there will be a bunch of different ones cataloged, you need to make sure you're choosing the correct frequency.

Last edited:

Gregory M Bone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We charge around $100-120 each fdepending on the vehicle at my shop, that's dismounting the tire, installing the new sensor, re-balancing and programming. Lately we have been using Autel sensors with good results. Yes they're expensive...we're not a tire shop but we do quite a few and our price is comparable to dealers. There are some tire shops doing them for $75-80 though.

I second staying away from ebay and amazon. Rockauto is fine for sensors, problem is there will be a bunch of different ones cataloged, you need to make sure you're choosing the correct frequency.

I have been going to the wrong place for replacements @ $180.

I will shop price & brand next time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been going to the wrong place for replacements @ $180.

I will shop price & brand next time.
That’s way too much money imo. I paid about $40 for each sensor and $15 each to install them. I don’t understand the need for demounting when all that’s needed is to break a bead, reach in and replace the sensor, and reinflate the tire. Don’t move it on the rim and you don’t need to balance it again. That’s what my tire shop did, I provided the sensors and they charged me $60. So $200 total.

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone recently replaced? From my searches, it seems that OEM AC Delco is the way to go. Does anyone have other opinions? Where's the best place to purchase from?

Thanks
I put in OEM TPMS purchased from the GM store on my winter rims as I didn't want to screw it up, either. Purchased the $12 re-set tool on Amazon. Works great.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe TMPS units replaced 2 years ago at Discount tire, pretty sure it was 60 bucks each. I was tired of the light coming on and incorrect readings. I have no idea what brand they put in, but they have lasted a couple of years so far. Sounds like the average life on the OEM units is around 8 to 9 years. Fingers crossed that these last that long too.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe TMPS units replaced 2 years ago at Discount tire, pretty sure it was 60 bucks each. I was tired of the light coming on and incorrect readings. I have no idea what brand they put in, but they have lasted a couple of years so far. Sounds like the average life on the OEM units is around 8 to 9 years. Fingers crossed that these last that long too.

That is what my local DT charges to replace TPMS. Not sure what brand they sell, pretty sure they aren’t OE, but the price is right and they stand behind the products they sell.

OP
OP
VDV18

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at my local Chevy dealer last Friday and their OEM's were $90 per. I was just shopping around though so didn't purchase, and they only had 3 in stock. Thanks for all of the info in here, good stuff.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at my local Chevy dealer last Friday and their OEM's were $90 per. I was just shopping around though so didn't purchase, and they only had 3 in stock. Thanks for all of the info in here, good stuff.

Just FYI. these guys carry OE stuff at much bette prices than the dealer. I am not a fan of these rubber stem sensors, but they are OE.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/search?search_str=TPMS

OP
OP
VDV18

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I ended up deciding to have Discount Tire do them. They use Schrader (at least my local place) and were $60 per TPMS. The said the expectancy is 7-10 years and they have a 6 year manufacturers warranty. I have aftermarket 22" rims on a 2010 Denali and had them road force balance, along with 4 TPMS for $363 out the door. No more light, and I can just return to the shop if I have issues. Thanks for all the suggestions.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I ended up deciding to have Discount Tire do them. They use Schrader (at least my local place) and were $60 per TPMS. The said the expectancy is 7-10 years and they have a 6 year manufacturers warranty. I have aftermarket 22" rims on a 2010 Denali and had them road force balance, along with 4 TPMS for $363 out the door. No more light, and I can just return to the shop if I have issues. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sounds like a solid choice.