TPMS sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, you're old school. Now they just list four new valve stems on the invoice and charge you for them even if they didn't replace them.

You're not just whistlin' Dixie. This happened to me at Big O on my old Fusion when I bought a couple of new tires in 2019, right before I sold it. The TPMS sensors are strapped around the wheel inside, not on the stems, and they charged me for the "TPMS Service." I didn't catch it until I got home, called the shop back and they said they'd refund the charge in the morning, they'd closed their books for the day. Never happened. I disputed the charge (it was on the Big O credit card) and got the refund. Jerks. That store no longer gets my business.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corrosion is an issue here so we would change them out and deal with any corrosion that may be forming. I don’t recall many failures over the years but there was a few. Stems are typically made from EPDM rubber with a shelf life of 5-10 years. This is likely reduced by heat, UV and ozone exposure. In my old school ways I would rather have new ones every ~5 years when I changed tires.
Another casualty of salt that I’ve never had to deal with.

George And

Reaction score
Okay so as promised, here's the follow up.

Got the proper GM sensors. Mechanic broke the bead and held it back with the tire machine while another guy unscrewed the sensor and replaced it with the proper one, leaving the valve stem from the original sensor. Seemed like much ado about nothing once it was all done, but they programmed instantly with the TPMS tool, and I now have my desired setup, with functioning TPMS. He didn't charge me anything to do the swap.

22x9 + 24 285/50/22 AT tires. Slightly larger diameter and 10mm wider than stock, but it changes the look, and gets rid of those ugly half black half machined 22" RST wheels with the car tire alenza's. That and the tint really change the attitude of the truck.

There was a previous generation suburban there, and it really exemplified how much the new 2021's have grown... tahoewheels1.jpgtahoewheels1.jpg tahoewheels2.jpgtahoewheels2.jpg tahoewheels3.jpg

Hotwifes21Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tahoe RST 22's are even a different sensor than the 18's and 20's for the same model year 2021. Our RST is at the dealer right now plugged into the computer with the tech swearing at it. I put the rims off my Trail Boss on her RST Tahoe and they will not program.

George And

Reaction score
The Tahoe RST 22's are even a different sensor than the 18's and 20's for the same model year 2021. Our RST is at the dealer right now plugged into the computer with the tech swearing at it. I put the rims off my Trail Boss on her RST Tahoe and they will not program.
They won’t. Period.

It’s a different sensor. The Tahoe / yukon / Escalade are the first of the next generation Electronics platform. Either swap the sensors from your stock wheels or get a new set of the new sensors.

George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm that PN 13533166 will work? 22 Denali. GMs website says 13542523 so just want to make sure they are interchangeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts