TPMS reprogramming tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For 07' & up--FYI--You don't have to go to a dealership to reprogram your tire pressure monitors. I bought TPM's and sent to Centerline to install on my wheel and tire package for my 09' Tahoe. The instructions are in the owner's manual--very simple. 1) Set parking brake-2) Turn ignition on w/o starting-3) Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote at the same time until horn chirps twice-4) Start at driver's front tire, let out air until horn chirps-5) Repeat on passenger front--then passenger rear--driver's rear. On the driver's rear the horn will chirp twice. Programming complete. No hassle or CHARGE from the dealership.

m332is

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine the engineers that came up with that sequence... I can see them now having a few beers and one says... "I got an idea. I bet we can get someone to look like an idiot".

On my BMW and my MINI, you simply held a button until the light reset itself.

Vince

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 07' & up--FYI--You don't have to go to a dealership to reprogram your tire pressure monitors. I bought TPM's and sent to Centerline to install on my wheel and tire package for my 09' Tahoe. The instructions are in the owner's manual--very simple. 1) Set parking brake-2) Turn ignition on w/o starting-3) Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote at the same time until horn chirps twice-4) Start at driver's front tire, let out air until horn chirps-5) Repeat on passenger front--then passenger rear--driver's rear. On the driver's rear the horn will chirp twice. Programming complete. No hassle or CHARGE from the dealership.

this is in the owners manual

07deputy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what if you have an aftermarket key fob? is it still possible to reset w/o dealer?

1dopeHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...it's amazing how many people don't read the instructions (owner's manual) for the nice things they own. I thought everyone knew how to accomplish this.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but i dont think this works for bigger tires and resetting the whole system. meaning if i inflate over 48psi the DIC will tell me that i have too much air. i wish there was a way to reprogram this, $200 at the dealership.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another way is to go to discount tire, walk in and *tell them you got the tires there* and just need the tps sensors reset real quick. they usually do it for free.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is straight out of the owners manual. It all sounds fine and dandy until one of your sensors won't reset. Then the whole thing is hosed up and a service bulletin flashes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout