TPMS problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you on the Treasure Coast by chance? I can do it with my Tech-2 and the 50448 TPMS tool. No more pushing remote buttons and letting the air out of the tires for me!
Where does one obtain the 50448 TPMS tool? This sounds like something that I should have to use with my Tech 2, versus the pushing remote buttons method..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where does one obtain the 50448 TPMS tool? This sounds like something that I should have to use with my Tech 2, versus the pushing remote buttons method..

About $10 off Amazon Joe or even sometimes $8 on a slow boat from China via Ebay.

You can use the Tech-2 to initiate the procedure or the remote, and then use the tool at each wheel instead of letting the air out. Horn and lights still work as normal.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't push buttons or let air out of tires anymore either. I have kids that do it for me!:chewie:

Well, I do it with my kids, trying to set the pressures very precisely, within a half pound. They said that tool was the best one I'd ever bought, saves us the headache of trying to air them back up precisely as often.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About $10 off Amazon Joe or even sometimes $8 on a slow boat from China via Ebay.

You can use the Tech-2 to initiate the procedure or the remote, and then use the tool at each wheel instead of letting the air out. Horn and lights still work as normal.
Super! Thank you, James.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half a pound. Lol. Good luck, girls!

The DIC shows whole numbers as does the Tech-2, the trick is to get them to all agree and then you have one smooth running ride! It's not hard to get the Tech-2 to say 46 psi and the DIC to say 45 psi but with a little fine tuning you can get them to agree.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 years seem to be pretty much the average life on the TPMS sensors. The units are sealed so you cannot just replace the battery. Discount tire $60.00 each for the new sensor installed. I just did all 4 on my 2009 tahoe. Mine were intermittent for several months before the drivers side front finally just stopped working completely and could not be reset. Others were super slow to read with the reset tool and reset so all had weak batteries. Working great now I just have to work some OT to pay off the CC charge Hahaha.IMG_9294.jpg IMG_9296.jpg IMG_9299.jpg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Re TPMS = pay now, save later.

1) Went the order 4 new ones online and have local garage install as they went out. This method is venerable to scumbag sellers that plague the internet selling used sensors. In the long run I discovered a reputable seller gave me 100% used or expired sensors I paid to install several times.

2) The fix, Had a reputable Indy shop install a sensor they sourced for $130 (for 1 tire). It’s a done deal that works. The $60 in the other post, per tire, is a smoking hot deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons