TPMS problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 chevy Tahoe. My check TPMS light came on. I went through the menu and its shows my two front tires are blank and the two rears are a 35 PSI. Do I have to replace the TPMS in the front tires? If so can I order on line and have them and just have them installed?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 chevy Tahoe. My check TPMS light came on. I went through the menu and its shows my two front tires are blank and the two rears are a 35 PSI. Do I have to replace the TPMS in the front tires? If so can I order on line and have them and just have them installed?
I would replace all 4.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TPMS batteries do have a finite life and it looks like your front ones have expired, probably the rears ones will follow soon, so I too agree - replace all 4. Assuming your current ones are the original, 12 year life is pretty good.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to reply to you install question.

You can order them on line and have a tire shop install them. Some may balk at this so I would call around first. I have heard that Discount Tire is pretty good about it and may even give you a good deal on the sensors themselves.

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since it is both fronts they may have just lost calibration. Try to re calibrate first. It has happened to my rig before.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 4 today. In regards to my two that are not working, how do you re calibrate?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered 4 today. In regards to my two that are not working, how do you re calibrate?
Your 2007 should have instructions in the owner’s manual for relearning sensors like you would do after rotating tires. Also, the place that would install them will likely have a tool for relearning them.

I was able to swap out a new set of tires/rims from Tirerack with all new TPMS sensors by following the process in the manual in my garage.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you on the Treasure Coast by chance? I can do it with my Tech-2 and the 50448 TPMS tool. No more pushing remote buttons and letting the air out of the tires for me!
I don't push buttons or let air out of tires anymore either. I have kids that do it for me!:chewie:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts