Towing with a '13 Yukon Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sol Young

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We tow a travel trailer that tops out around 4,000 pounds fully loaded, so we're well within spec for our Yukon Denali Hybrid's 5,800. But I don't understand why the Hybrid model, with its 6.0 and more torque and similar other specs, has a lower towing capacity as the 5.3 standard GMC Yukon. Is there a real-world reason? Does it stress the transmission somehow? I just can't seem to find a scientific reason for the lower number.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if is hybrid probably reduced the same amount as the batteries and such. the chassis is only rated for so much total

Apocalypse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I have heard it was due to the complicated transmission. But on another note I wonder why the Denali trim takes off another 200 pounds off of the towing capacity vs the other trims? Strange..

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard it was due to the complicated transmission. But on another note I wonder why the Denali trim takes off another 200 pounds off of the towing capacity vs the other trims? Strange..
Wheels and tires play a role, more options on truck, makes it that much heavier etc, etc, etc.... 07-14 awd on denali, etc etc etc

lt1gmc

Reaction score
The hybrid uses a totally different transmission and is similar to a CVT. It also does not have a torque converter. That said it tows my 5000 lb Bennington Tritoon just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63