Towing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mr1mike2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most travel trailers are not designed for long-term living. I'd strongly suggest a dehumidifier, or to leave the A/C cranked on meat-locker mode. Otherwise mold/mildew growth will be a big concern.

Weight wise, I'd recommend a trailer below 6k loaded weight. Look for something with a dry weight in the 4500-5000 lb range. My first TT was a Trail Cruiser by R Vision, 28 footer, 4550 dry weight. My half-ton Burb pulled it well. Loaded weight was just over 6k.

a0XXg09.jpg

Dry Weight on the one I’m thinking about is 5,195 lbs. even loaded I don’t think I’ll push anything more then 6500. If I did my math right earlier it Puts me in at around 75 to 80 percent of the GCWR. That's adding the WDH as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the dehumidifier I’ll be sure keep that one in mind. Through all the posts I’ve been reading I think I have a pretty good idea what’s going to happen...start with the Tahoe progress to a diesel move on to 5th wheel. Seems to be the going trend.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your tow rig will not be the correct set up for a long distance haul. Short distance, probably OK, definitely a weight dist hitch. no matter what.