Towing Package Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
We are getting ready to buy a small camping trailer which I am going to pull with my '99 2-door Tahoe. The truck only has 80,000 miles and has never been modified. It has the heavy-duty factory towing package and I just installed a new 7-blade trailer connector for the wiring. All the wiring is factory on it and there is one orange large gauge wire (10-12g) that is supposed to send 12 volts auxiliary power to the trailer to trickle charge the batteries in the trailer when you are driving. My orange wire has no voltage to it. Is it possible that there a separate fuse for this circuit that has never been installed? I cannot find it in the fuse box diagram.

Thanks!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are getting ready to buy a small camping trailer which I am going to pull with my '99 2-door Tahoe. The truck only has 80,000 miles and has never been modified. It has the heavy-duty factory towing package and I just installed a new 7-blade trailer connector for the wiring. All the wiring is factory on it and there is one orange large gauge wire (10-12g) that is supposed to send 12 volts auxiliary power to the trailer to trickle charge the batteries in the trailer when you are driving. My orange wire has no voltage to it. Is it possible that there a separate fuse for this circuit that has never been installed? I cannot find it in the fuse box diagram.

Thanks!
Watch this video. I think they address your issue at about the 5 minute mark.

OP
OP
Colorado Yeti

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
Well done sir. I found the other end of the 10 g orange wire wrapped in a wire loom in the engine compartment behind the brake vacuum booster next to the wiper motor. It was hidden well. It even had a ring terminal on the end so I could connect it to the fuse block terminal stud with an 8mm nut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287