Towing capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I did the valve body and pressure switches on Friday, installed in the truck did the transmission relearn procedure.

before that i flashed my tcm back to the orignal program to revert my pressure changes to see how it performs.

Took it for a drive, and I'm loving the improvement!

I added the transgo shift kit regulator valves, and the separate transgo tcc kit (was mentioned in the transgo shift kit instructions as an option)

Topped off with sonnax non shrinking check balls, and their end plug kit.

I found one of the laminate disks was about to fail.
When removing the disk separated right in the middle.

The rest came out fine, but i replaced all of them for good measure.

Also installed a new ac delco separator plate and the pressure switch screen kit.

the screen kit also came with new vb to case seals.

it was pretty clear looking at the old vs new, the old had flattened a tad...

Transmission shifts much faster now.
Still a slight delay in what i believe is the 2-3 shift...

I also bought the sonnax tool to install the laminates and the pressure switch seals.

I found them to be very helpful, and very slick to install the seals!

The transgo shift kit came with the seals, and the laminate disks, as did the sonnax tool.

Having a full extra set of spares was very handy.

I found it a little difficult to get the disks in with out adding a crease, but right at the end i finally got the hang of it with one laminate disk left... :rolleyes:

I was also able to get a good look at some of the clutches with the valve body removed, i haven't looked up to see what clutches, but they all have a ton of life left.

Anyways, figured i would share my experience.

I haven't driven much since then, i decided to tackle the oil pump pickup o-ring due to a pretty large drop in oil pressure... lol

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LT tires are way different than P-Metrics and need more air, you need a minimum of 42 psi just to meet the rear axle capacity and about 45 is where they should be to wear evenly and get the best mileage. I run mine at 49 and it took 35K to wear down the center 1/32nd compared to the outside, so a little too much.
Adding to this older comment thread....

I found this chart to be pretty helpful when referencing the required change in tire pressure if you swap from P-metric to LT tires on the same vehicle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh