Towing a travel trailer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 26 ft 2013 Passport 23RB with a 2002 Suburban 1500 and have no issue. Biggest things to remember when towing are "don't get in a hurry and where ever you go the trailer is gonna follow."

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the denali squat with the trailer attached and loaded?

I know the WDH is there. But even then you will have upwards of 800-1000 lbs on the tongue for a fully loaded out rig at times. I'd rather have almost no squat with properly setup WDH.

I just installed airbags in my '17 Suburban. They're good for 1000 lbs at 35-50 psi. Looking forward to hooking a trailer on and seeing how they help. We are looking at buying a travel trailer as well. probably 30+ footer

OP
OP
J

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the denali squat with the trailer attached and loaded?

I know the WDH is there. But even then you will have upwards of 800-1000 lbs on the tongue for a fully loaded out rig at times. I'd rather have almost no squat with properly setup WDH.

I just installed airbags in my '17 Suburban. They're good for 1000 lbs at 35-50 psi. Looking forward to hooking a trailer on and seeing how they help. We are looking at buying a travel trailer as well. probably 30+ footer

The Yukon self levels so the squat is minimal. No issues so far as long as I keep it below 55 mph. I may go with 2500HD truck. Don't know yet but leaning toward it.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon self levels so the squat is minimal. No issues so far as long as I keep it below 55 mph. I may go with 2500HD truck. Don't know yet but leaning toward it.
For a weekend warrior tow a few times a year I’d keep the Denali. It will be more than adequate for the task

Unless you just want a truck and this is a good way to convince the wife. Lol

The do make a 2500 Suburban/Yukon. Best of both worlds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan