Towing a car lowered NNBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread here, just to confirm my thoughts. I've read several other posts on here with folks that have towed with no issues, but many are using helper bags. I'm concerned that my car will squat too much.

I just bought a classic bronco, that i need to trailer home. Including the uhaul trailer and bronco, i'm looking at towing ~7000lbs. I'm on the beltech 2/3 spindle kit with OEM 22s. Does anyone see any issues with me trailering the car home with my 2008 Yukon SLE 4wd?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How far are you going? What kind of roads? What kind of rear shocks do you have?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread here, just to confirm my thoughts. I've read several other posts on here with folks that have towed with no issues, but many are using helper bags. I'm concerned that my car will squat too much.

I just bought a classic bronco, that i need to trailer home. Including the uhaul trailer and bronco, i'm looking at towing ~7000lbs. I'm on the beltech 2/3 spindle kit with OEM 22s. Does anyone see any issues with me trailering the car home with my 2008 Yukon SLE 4wd?

That's quite a load. I'm not sure how the 3" Belltech coils will do. I'm assuming the SLE didn't come with ALC (the factory "air shocks"). Did you do the free travel mod? You really should with a 3" drop. If it were me, I'd invest in load bags. The ~$100 investment would be more than worth it. Assuming the total towed weight and tongue weight are all within your Yukon's capacities, you should be just fine with the load bags.

OP
OP
S

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going about 100 miles but over the mountain. Stock shocks using relocation mounts that came with the kit.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Looks like you have already received sound advice... I will just post this here...
20200801_110250.jpg

As a reference, my truck came with RPO code G69 which is the Auto leveling rear suspension which consists of an on board compressor and air shocks in the rear. I retained this feature when lowering my Burb.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the U-Haul car trailers all have self-contained braking systems. Maybe.
They do, all the 2 axle rentals do.... 70% of the time they dont work cause of low maintenance from U-Haul. Last one I rented had no brake fluid, and I roasted the brakes on my Envoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne