Tow Package???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shibbershabber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ive got a 99 Yukon SLE... has the tow package.

What exactly does this mean as far as wiring goes?

I have the hitch there and I see a mass of wires tucked around the rear bumper... but no connections.

Im looking to wire in a 7-pin RV connection and want to know what is already in place as far as wiring for lights, brake controller, etc.

thanks!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont feel like opening a pdf today so ill probably say most of the same things in swaths post. all your wires except for maybe an aux 30a power wire should be there. look inside the wire harness for most likely a blue and maybe a white wire that might be tucked back. if the wires for the lights aren't there most likely because corrosion and someone removed it. easily available part at your local auto parts store. jumper harness that goes in between the 2 plugs in the back for your tail lights. i cant remember where the blue wire should be tucked under the dash for the brake control but it should also be there somewhere. outside of that it means you should have a factory mounted auxiliary trans cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts