Tow hook install issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats this?
spreader, they might rent them at autozone not sure, but a crow bar or a crow bar type tool should work, I rebuilt the whole front end of my wife's 04 with a crow bar and hand tools after she rear ended someone.
hence I can tell you the tow hooks on the nbs's are garbage they bend really easy, this design is much better.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spreader, they might rent them at autozone not sure, but a crow bar or a crow bar type tool should work, I rebuilt the whole front end of my wife's 04 with a crow bar and hand tools after she rear ended someone.
hence I can tell you the tow hooks on the nbs's are garbage they bend really easy, this design is much better.
You mean they bend really easy when you run into something? They’re not battering rams :gathering:

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tow truck drivers won't even use them at least if they are knowledgeable, they do bend easy I was surprised I think the metal they used in them is low grade.

C'mon now, I used mine to get out of this predicament and they didn't bend.

20200321_130220.jpg

When they started the pull the rear dropped off, we were standing on the tubular steps trying to counterbalance it, water right up to the window, exhaust going blub blub blub. My friend ask the tow truck driver if he ever lost one, after a couple seconds he says "this one is close", damn truck was less that 30 days old...lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon now, I used mine to get out of this predicament and they didn't bend.

View attachment 242943

When they started the pull the rear dropped off, we were standing on the tubular steps trying to counterbalance it, water right up to the window, exhaust going blub blub blub. My friend ask the tow truck driver if he ever lost one, after a couple seconds he says "this one is close", damn truck was less that 30 days old...lol
what year is that? and how did they attach to a front tow hook to pull it out when the cab is facing in the water?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14